Register Now
Jimmy

Are you a mobile gamer?

On 8/17/2022 at 3:48 PM, Crazycrab said:

They don't look similar to me.....  They look like they are from completely different decades.

Yeah I got a Switch and two PSP's right here (1001 and a 3001); they are very different than Switch and the PSP has a much smaller screen than even the smaller version of the handheld Switch.

If someone has only seen the PSP and Switch online and haven't seen them in person next to each other, now that I think of it they actually do look somewhat similar. But the representation of the PSP's size in an internet picture can obviously misconstrue how large it is in real life (about a quarter the size of the Switch). PSP is about the size of the palm of your hand when fingers are extended. PSP 1001 is a little heavy, 2001 is about the same, then the 3rd version is extremely flimsy and light. Playstation Vita is a little bigger and hardened.

Edited by ForwardSlashDownPoke

On 8/17/2022 at 10:26 PM, Kane99 said:

Was it the Nokia NGage 😄 

I never owned a smartphone or mobile phone growing up, so never got to really experience mobile gaming back then. Now days most smartphones can handle tons of games. My current smartphone is a budget one, but it works for most of what I like to do. I don't game on it much these days though. Just productivity apps for work and tik/tok & instagram, stuff like that. 

My Nokia 3310 was a Java phone. It's the strongest Java phone ever made to the best of my knowledge. There's one particular space shooting game that was very popular with the phone which was inbuilt. It was called Space Impact. 

One of the first Nokia phones I heard is that Nokia 3310, very strong it doesn't get damaged easily. Such kind of device then was the time Nokia devoted time making strong mobile phones and we're very competitive in mobile phone industry not at the moment anymore. My mom used that Nokia 3310 phone, I normally sneak in to take my mom phone to play games that's the only thing I can do back then as a kid. 

On 8/17/2022 at 6:39 PM, Mr.SaVo said:

your phone must have been 10x nicer bro, mine would lag and start to overheat ahaha

The smartphone is definitely not built for playing video games. My Gionee M7 does the same thing and I have uninstalled all the games that I have on it. It's just my smartphone for calls only now. 

Definitely not a mobile gamer. Most mobile games bore me because they're low-budget and lack any innovative gameplay (or even a decent story). If a mobile game has an amazing story at least, I wouldn't have minded playing it, but no decent writer is going to work on a mobile game.

17 hours ago, Akun said:

Definitely not a mobile gamer. Most mobile games bore me because they're low-budget and lack any innovative gameplay (or even a decent story). If a mobile game has an amazing story at least, I wouldn't have minded playing it, but no decent writer is going to work on a mobile game.

It's basically the one the main reason why I had to upgrade to playing with Nintendo Switch. Even though it's got its own downside, it's a handheld console that's far more better than playing on smartphone. 

On 9/17/2022 at 12:21 AM, Akun said:

They're full of microtransaction systems that put EA and others to shame but nobody hardly every mentions it because a good number of these same mobile game developers sponsor a good amount of YouTubers so you'll never hear the truth about these sort of things.

I myself don't mind mobile gaming but it's not my first preference. I like how mobile gaming is an option if I am on the go and would like to play a game say if I am travelling somewhere or if I do not want to be sat in front of my set up at that time. I love how mobile gaming is evolving now especially with things like Xbox Cloud Gaming and the ability to use your controller with your phone. It means I can now play games that were normally difficult on the phone itself with a controller and enjoy the experience.

I only tend to play mobile games that let me pass the time briefly, such as Two Dots or 2048. I won't touch mobile games that are built around the expectation of player spending.

As for a mobile game I played that was actually a full game that was very good and something I'd highly recommend, Lara Croft Go is incredibly good and was worth every penny I spent on it. I wish more mobile games were like that one where you just put down a one-time payment and then get a full game with no predatory practices tucked inside it.

I have to be a mobile gamer at this time since my gaming laptop broke and my PS4 was given to my brother. I have no other way to game at this time or the money to spend on a new system. I'd like to try the Steam Deck one day, but that won't be for a long while. I mainly play Pokemon GO, but I also have 5 other games I play occasionally as well.

On 8/1/2023 at 3:27 PM, CoryAR said:

I have to be a mobile gamer at this time since my gaming laptop broke and my PS4 was given to my brother. I have no other way to game at this time or the money to spend on a new system. I'd like to try the Steam Deck one day, but that won't be for a long while. I mainly play Pokemon GO, but I also have 5 other games I play occasionally as well.

I guess it is great that there is the option of mobile gaming as well for instances such as your PC dying on you or even not having access to a console. 

A lot of the games available now are a lot of fun and also work really well on phone meaning you can play most games you would play or similar on console and PC on your phone now as well.

On 8/13/2023 at 11:49 AM, Shortie said:

I guess it is great that there is the option of mobile gaming as well for instances such as your PC dying on you or even not having access to a console. 

A lot of the games available now are a lot of fun and also work really well on phone meaning you can play most games you would play or similar on console and PC on your phone now as well.

That is true, I only expect mobile gaming to improve over time. It's pretty amazing on what we can do with mobile gaming at this point in time. It's cool that they made popular games like Call of Duty, Minecraft, PUBG: Battlegrounds, etc. available for mobile devices.

16 hours ago, CoryAR said:

That is true, I only expect mobile gaming to improve over time. It's pretty amazing on what we can do with mobile gaming at this point in time. It's cool that they made popular games like Call of Duty, Minecraft, PUBG: Battlegrounds, etc. available for mobile devices.

It really is. I will admit that I don't myself find it easy to play things like PUBG or even Fortnite on phone as I feel the screen to be too small to use with the touch screen but some games are great played on mobile.