Register Now
MeowsePad

Why is PC less popular?

40 minutes ago, egghead said:

I don't think PC gaming is less popular, if that was true why would some games released exclusively on PC.

When a game is exclusive to PC, It falls under one of three categories;

1. An RTS game like Total War or Cid Meier's Civilisation that wouldn't really work on console because of the type of control interface they use.
  2. Utterly rubbish, asset flips, shovel ware or even malware that nobody, including PC, gamers want nor take seriously. That's vast majority.
  3. It goes the way of Strardew Valley or Divinity and gets released on console later anyway because it wasn't the utter trash 90% of the "exclusive" games that PC has. Like the PC platform itself served like quality control.

I know how this makes me look, but there is no game you can only play on PC that's worth buying into the platform for A problem compounded by the fact PC is so much more expensive and troublesome to invest in to begin with,. Sorry, but that is the truth. With the aforementioned expectations within the RTS and some MMO's, PC does not have it's own equivalent of The Last of Us or Zelda, nothing to boast about.

Edited by Shagger

22 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Their plenty games to look up to, even here at VGR, with the information shared with members, we can spot the best for us. 

Exactly.. so far I have picked 3 games on this platform that am willing to play. some of these games, I never hear of it before now. This forum have actually exposed me to  many games and am happy and hoping to learn more.

One good PC game I love, even if I get the chance to play it, I will definitely get back into it. Winning eleven soccer, was thrilling in the past for me, that was the game my console first introduced to me via his laptop around 2008. 

2 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Exactly.. so far I have picked 3 games on this platform that am willing to play. some of these games, I never hear of it before now. This forum have actually exposed me to  many games and am happy and hoping to learn more.

Can you mention those games you picked out from VGR? 

Let me see if anyone of them will be interesting. 

5 hours ago, egghead said:

I don't think PC gaming is expensive just like @Shagger said. If I have to buy PS5, I will have to pay $1000, I can buy a laptop for that price and use my laptop to play games or watch movies.

You are in asia, we get PC cheaper, consoles expensive. he lives in UK or maybe US where the console buying is relatively cheaper for them as they exclusively play games. Asians want multi asset utility and never spend on one device for the sake of it. So sure PC is not expensive in that context even if it's gaming build.

On 4/3/2022 at 3:03 AM, egghead said:

I don't think PC gaming is expensive just like @Shagger said. If I have to buy PS5, I will have to pay $1000, I can buy a laptop for that price and use my laptop to play games or watch movies.

On 4/3/2022 at 8:23 AM, skyfire said:

You are in asia, we get PC cheaper, consoles expensive. he lives in UK or maybe US where the console buying is relatively cheaper for them as they exclusively play games. Asians want multi asset utility and never spend on one device for the sake of it. So sure PC is not expensive in that context even if it's gaming build.

To clarify, I do live in the UK. And in the UK if one wanted to build a gaming PC to match the capabilities of, let's say, a PS5, expected to pay well over £2000, whereas the retail price of the console is around £500. If you needed a computer as utility, you can find a laptop for that purpose for £400 or less quite easily, so add that to the (retail) price of a PS5 and it's still less than half the money. And honestly, I think that's a smarter way to spend one's money. Most of the electronics and stuff we buy is made in China as well, so that's explain this. What can explain it is that I believe it is something to do with the way some countries tax imported electronics. I know this is why people in Brazil pay double the price for a games console compared to the US. Regardless of the reason, you could say that the UK and the US are among the lucky ones.

Whether you are lucky or unlucky with the price of consoles where you live, it has nothing to do with the console manufacturer itself. They price thier hardware at a point where they barley profit from a console sale, or even make a loss, at least at first. They do this to get consoles into peoples homes as it's only then that they can start to make real money through subscriptions and sales of games and accessories. That's why they can afford to sell consoles cheap.

PC's, including gaming PC's and components, are different. They get sold as a more conventional good. Nvidea, Intel, AMD, Corsair, MSI, AS Rock or whoever it is making these computers and components only make money on the hardware sale. It's not like Nvidia get a cut of a game sale from steam just because they made you graphics card, or Corsair get a slice because they made your cooling fans or power supply. They have to charge more than what to cost to manufacture, a burden Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo can afford to ignore because with thier consoles being inside peoples homes can provide a revenue stream. PC's can't do that because there will be serval companies involved the manufacture, even on pre-built computers.

That is why PC's is so expensive. Yes, depending on where you live, consoles might be taxed to hell and not be any cheaper as a result, but these taxes can increase the cost PC gaming as well. For example, I'm fairly certain that PC components are more expensive here in the UK than they are in the US because if taxes and import costs.

Edited by Shagger

On 4/1/2022 at 5:43 PM, Justin11 said:

You're welcome. 

At the moment, I am taking my time to enjoy one of my old racing game which is GT 6. My childhood friend is offering me a PS4, because we got a new slim PS4 with 1TR of hard drive. So, by next week Monday, I'll be taking the console from him, I felt ecstatic about it. 

Wow. Good to hear.. congratulations bro. By this time tomorrow you will be enjoying your new game. 

1 hour ago, Prof elohstar said:

Wow. Good to hear.. congratulations bro. By this time tomorrow you will be enjoying your new game. 

Good one, just few hours remaining, I am happy that my child hood friend is leaving that one for me after learning how I've suffered thou being around PS3 for so long. Now is the time to change from old thing and enjoy somewhat better video game. 

On 4/1/2022 at 1:19 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Their plenty games to look up to, even here at VGR, with the information shared with members, we can spot the best for us. 

Of course. Here at VGR forum i have listed about 3 cool games I would love to play very soon. There are various games out there to choose but it can't be the same as playing a game that is referred by a fellow gamer like you especially when that gamer is coming from this forum.

With my laptop I can be at ease to operate online, do other multi purpose tasks in which a phone can't execute properly. Playing game with my laptop is an option, and using it too to surf internet is one of the reasons I need it most.