Register Now
MeowsePad

Why is PC less popular?

9 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

You may actually see it as just my feelings but the truth is, shooting/action movies and games have influenced young ones a lot. That's why you see kids practicing some styles after watching or playing shooting games. Reason why you see on adverts that " such stunts shouldn't be practiced at home" because they know how these things can influence kids and even adults.

Oh! If it is about the kids, just know that they are going to keep doing what they want and won't care how anyone feels about it. Even movies can influence kids to an extent too.

On 3/24/2022 at 4:05 PM, Patrik said:

i actually agree, some people might use alternative devices as phones or something like that for some office tasks (that are limited), but doesn't mean that the other device is going to steal the pc's jobs xd

Indeed. I think only small amount of work can be done on the other device so yes PC based jobs are not going anywhere.

From what I can see, assuming PC is truly less popular than console gaming, the only reason I could see for it is the cost. A good gaming PC can run you up to $2000 for a basic prebuilt PC. If you're building your own I don't know the actual cost range, but I'm sure it's not cheap either. For example, My PC is a prebuilt gaming PC and it cost $1800. But that was several years ago. A couple years ago I bought @Rain Dew a gaming laptop (again prebuilt) that cost $4000. The faster and more powerful they are, the more they cost. Whereas with a console they tend to run $500 or less for a brand new one. Depending where you get it. But unless you're buying from a scalper (fuck you if you are) you're never going to spend PC money. So I think some console gamers just settle because they can't afford PC gaming. Which in turn, ups the numbers of console gamers, which in turn, skews the numbers to yield an incorrect ratio of popularity.

I'm a console gamer by preference, but that's not to say I have never, or will never game on PC. One of my favorite games is only available on PC, as no consoles will release it. Hatred.

At least part of it is cost. PS and Xbox may be hard to find but graphics cards have been a f**ing grease fire for 2 years.PC gaming has usually been a bit more expensive but nowadays PS5 or X box series are incredible bargains  compared to a PC.You can get better graphics on PC but you will pay a LOT more.Hell I don't think a 500 dollar graphics card alone  would be as much performance as a Series X or PS5.And PC components aren't going to get any cheaper.

8 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Smiles. Anytime you're ready, the game is waiting for you to enjoy.

No problem, but always remember, I can't have it all around all video games in the world. I will only play some and others will be left out. 

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

No problem, but always remember, I can't have it all around all video games in the world. I will only play some and others will be left out. 

You won't believe that there are many interesting popular games that am yet to play. Honestly we can't play all the popular games, we can only play the ones we could get. From this forum, I have about 3 games in mind that I will love to play.

51 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

You won't believe that there are many interesting popular games that am yet to play. Honestly we can't play all the popular games, we can only play the ones we could get. From this forum, I have about 3 games in mind that I will love to play.

Can you mention those three games on your wish-list which you found on VGR forum? I got lots of games on my mind now, but I'll play one at a time, and not rushing. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Can you mention those three games on your wish-list which you found on VGR forum? I got lots of games on my mind now, but I'll play one at a time, and not rushing. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 and Zelda for now among others. Of course am also playing them one after another. No need to rush.

1 hour ago, Prof elohstar said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 and Zelda for now among others. Of course am also playing them one after another. No need to rush.

That's cool, you should drive on at your current pace, their is no need trying spring it up so fast. You can reach to the finishing line as you're playing and enjoying yourself with the game. 

On 3/30/2022 at 2:36 AM, Lamarr the strelok said:

You can get better graphics on PC but you will pay a LOT more.

I got decent laptop at budget price with the ASUS though. And it's Ryzen 5 with 4GB Graphics RAM, 24 GB RAM so I won't say it was costly than console. Plus muti use too.

23 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's cool, you should drive on at your current pace, their is no need trying spring it up so fast. You can reach to the finishing line as you're playing and enjoying yourself with the game. 

Yeah I will bro. I have read sweet comments about these games on this great forum and I would love to enjoy these games too. 

17 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Yeah I will bro. I have read sweet comments about these games on this great forum and I would love to enjoy these games too. 

You're welcome. 

At the moment, I am taking my time to enjoy one of my old racing game which is GT 6. My childhood friend is offering me a PS4, because we got a new slim PS4 with 1TR of hard drive. So, by next week Monday, I'll be taking the console from him, I felt ecstatic about it.