Register Now
MeowsePad

Why is PC less popular?

On 3/25/2022 at 5:59 AM, Knight Barida said:

Oh! If it is about the kids, just know that they are going to keep doing what they want and won't care how anyone feels about it. Even movies can influence kids to an extent too.

Very well bro. Not only kids but even some adult can be influenced by movies. 

1 hour ago, Prof elohstar said:

Of course. Here at VGR forum i have listed about 3 cool games I would love to play very soon. There are various games out there to choose but it can't be the same as playing a game that is referred by a fellow gamer like you especially when that gamer is coming from this forum.

That's absolutely tremendous, that all your featured games are gained from VGR, when are you going to get them? 

On 4/1/2022 at 5:43 PM, Justin11 said:

You're welcome. 

At the moment, I am taking my time to enjoy one of my old racing game which is GT 6. My childhood friend is offering me a PS4, because we got a new slim PS4 with 1TR of hard drive. So, by next week Monday, I'll be taking the console from him, I felt ecstatic about it. 

I think by now you already have the console. You must have been enjoying games on it by now. It's going to be more fun for you especially if you have the time to play it well.

51 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

I think by now you already have the console. You must have been enjoying games on it by now. It's going to be more fun for you especially if you have the time to play it well.

Correct, I now have my PS4, I'm happy that my friend kept to his promise,  and now, I am the new owner of the console. 

On 4/3/2022 at 5:40 PM, Shagger said:

Whether you are lucky or unlucky with the price of consoles where you live, it has nothing to do with the console manufacturer itself. They price thier hardware at a point where they barley profit from a console sale, or even make a loos, at least at first. They do this to get consoles into peoples homes as it's only then that they can start to make really money through subscriptions and sales games and accessories. That's why they can afford to sell consoles cheap.

Imports. we have low import taxes compared to US/UK and so the price varies.

On 4/1/2022 at 5:49 PM, Prof elohstar said:

Exactly.. so far I have picked 3 games on this platform that am willing to play. some of these games, I never hear of it before now. This forum have actually exposed me to  many games and am happy and hoping to learn more.

It does for all of us - there are some games that I never would've known existed if other members didn't bring it up at some point.

On 4/4/2022 at 2:04 AM, Justin11 said:

With my laptop I can be at ease to operate online, do other multi purpose tasks in which a phone can't execute properly. Playing game with my laptop is an option, and using it too to surf internet is one of the reasons I need it most. 

These reasons are the only consideration I have that can make me reason that PC is better than console. Apart from this, I will always go with console anytime. Well it's true that getting a console is very expensive hear but I Don't mind waiting till it's very much affordable for me to purchase. 

34 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

These reasons are the only consideration I have that can make me reason that PC is better than console. Apart from this, I will always go with console anytime. Well it's true that getting a console is very expensive hear but I Don't mind waiting till it's very much affordable for me to purchase. 

Console is always the best when it comes to gaming. Reason is because, it is specifically built for gaming. Not all devices are specially built for gaming, just few of them. 

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

I still find the console as a "unnecessary device" but then again that's just me.

2 hours ago, egghead said:

I wouldn't say consoles are "unnecessary device" but I believe having a gaming laptop serves better purpose.

Of course a games console is an unnecessary device. It's an arbitrary piece of technology that only has one purpose, to entertain. So obviously, nobody needs one. But my question to you @skyfire is, what exactly is your point? It's like if your dad came up to you said, "Hey! I had your mum!". Can't argue with that, but it doesn't exactly prove anything either, at least noting we didn't already know.

And remember, it's no like gaming PC's and gaming laptops are not just as arbitrary because the tech they need to run games (at least modern games) is not necessary for that device to work as a utility. For example, a computer will work fine without a GPU even being installed. Nor does it need the kind of powerful and vastly more expensive CPU's, RAM, cooling systems etc that gaming computers use. I'm willing to say that a computer is something that's necessary for a lot of people in modern day life, but nobody needs thier computer to built to the specks of a gaming PC. That is unnecessary in exactly the same way you describe a games console.  People only "overbuild" thier computers like that for one reason, to enable thier device to serve the single purpose of arbitrary, self-entertainment and nothing more, just like a games console. There is no other reason to that.

And before anybody says it, yes, some professionals do need powerful computers for thier jobs, like in graphical design or programming, so there are expectations. I'm talking about the needs computers serve as a utility to the vast majority.

Edited by Shagger

On 4/4/2022 at 2:42 AM, Head_Hunter said:

That's absolutely tremendous, that all your featured games are gained from VGR, when are you going to get them? 

Very soon bro. Am actually working on getting time to rest then I will use the opportunity to play the games already in my list. It's happening soon.

On 4/6/2022 at 12:52 AM, Justin11 said:

Console is always the best when it comes to gaming. Reason is because, it is specifically built for gaming. Not all devices are specially built for gaming, just few of them. 

That's the reason why gaming on console is the best for me. Console is only for gaming purposes but PC is multipurpose. Many gamers who have console also have PC and they still prefer gaming on console than PC, however laptop gaming can be played almost anywhere just like mobile gaming but console is not like that.

11 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

That's the reason why gaming on console is the best for me. Console is only for gaming purposes but PC is multipurpose. Many gamers who have console also have PC and they still prefer gaming on console than PC, however laptop gaming can be played almost anywhere just like mobile gaming but console is not like that.

Yeah, PC can be played everywhere you go, but not so with consoles. That's one advantage of having a PC for gaming and other multipurpose activities online. 

On 4/8/2022 at 4:57 AM, Prof elohstar said:

Like I said previously, on the finance side it's "unnecessary" burden because it is one task specific. so unless your pockets are deep, the question of console vs PC doesnt come in. again medium budget PC can still do gaming and still make console "unnecessary".