Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jerlene

Is soccer manlier than football?

Soccer players and fans love saying that it's a real mans sport. They love comparing it to American football and saying that American football is nothing compared to their football. Do you agree? 

I think it takes a man to be able to take the kind of hits American football players do. Doesn't take much to run up and down a field kicking a ball.

Football players are padded up in all kinds of protective equipment so they won't really feel anything. If you have ever taken soccer tackle especially studs up in your shin or being elbowed in the face or being stamped on then you'd have a different opinion.

Hell no that’s a load of bullshit. You know how many players in football get hurt, have career ending injuries. So no having protection means nothing and doesn’t differentiate between the sports. I however do think football is more manlier then futbol

On 12/22/2018 at 10:16 PM, killamch89 said:

Football players are padded up in all kinds of protective equipment so they won't really feel anything. If you have ever taken soccer tackle especially studs up in your shin or being elbowed in the face or being stamped on then you'd have a different opinion.

No, because in soccer/futbol, all you have to do is brush by someone and they flop and hold their face like someone punched them square in the jaw.

Well, a lot of chauvinist Europeans - hate Americans - and so naturally they diss Americans as effeminate.  It's a thing in Europe where - Americans are uncool - so naturally whatever they play sucks.

But this is all nation specific - a sort of ethnic narcissism, so, of course, Americans see Europeans prancing around with a soccer ball and say it's girlish, especially compared to American Football.

The actual truth, though, is that most sports are equally dangerous. I mean, it depends on how closely your looking.  For instance, the hits in basketball can be as severe as American Football.

I’ve seen a few soccer games, and a lot of football. I’m not particularly a fan of either. But from my perspective, football looks a lot more dangerous than soccer. I’ve never seen soccer players intentionally tackling each other to the ground. As for the mention of cleats, they wear metal cleats in football too. And if a tackle goes wrong the player can end up with severe spinal injuries or worse. I don’t know of any athletes getting a broken spine in a soccer game. But I do have to mention that soccer fans are the only ones I know of other than us hockey fans who will riot and get in physical fights with each other.

Posted (edited)

I've seen a few rugby games. And after being used to the way football is over here, rugby players make me think they're nuts. It IS football minus the pads. With the exception of that leather condom on their heads.

Edited by The Blackangel