Register Now
DylanC

Classic games from your youth that everyone has forgotten about?

I recently remembered a really awesome game from my youth called "Unirally" (apparently it was called "Uniracers" in the US). I owned it on SNES and it was an addictive arcade racer involving unicycles. It was brilliant and had two player vs and co-op. Are there any long, forgotten gems from your youth that you remember that may've been forgotten by everyone else?

36218-Unirally_(Europe)-1459357080.jpg

3 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

I need to try that, it sounds fun.

Speaking of forgotten games, I remember playing this one a lot:

Bombsbugs_screenshot.gif

Awesome choice! It looks a lot like Bomberman. And Bomberman was a lot of fun, especially with friends. Thanks for commenting!

For me it will be Conker bad fury day, I remember I enjoyed the multiplayer with my friends, there was a remake for the xbox, the main story was okay but the multiplayer was not the same since they added predefined class set up for the characters, in the original you could choose any weapon on the map.

7 hours ago, Joshua Farrell said:

Best classic I wish they would do a proper reboot with that will get me to go back and play the old dos version, would be Escape to Monkey Island. That game series was very fun to play. I spent hours upon hours trying different things to achieve different results over and over.

Dunno if Monkey Island counts as forgotten though given its enormous status among gamers...

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

For me it will be Conker bad fury day, I remember I enjoyed the multiplayer with my friends, there was a remake for the xbox, the main story was okay but the multiplayer was not the same since they added predefined class set up for the characters, in the original you could choose any weapon on the map.

Again... forgotten? Pretty sure that game has pretty much meme status at this point...

5 hours ago, Joshua Farrell said:

Only reason why I say forgotten, is that I hear no one talking about it where I live, and I would have expected people to remember it and how much fun it was.

Yeah, Escape isn't the most popular in the series. But as a whole the series is pretty prolific.

14 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Dunno if Monkey Island counts as forgotten though given its enormous status among gamers...

Again... forgotten? Pretty sure that game has pretty much meme status at this point...

I Haven't seen any memes or new releases for Conker , or maybe its just me who only remembers the original and the Xbox remake

On 12/6/2018 at 10:32 PM, kingpotato said:

I Haven't seen any memes or new releases for Conker , or maybe its just me who only remembers the original and the Xbox remake

I've seen it listed a lot in several game lists over best N64 games, I've heard it talked about a lot. The Great Mighty Poo song might be one of the most well known songs in gaming history. I strongly disagree it's a forgotten classic at this point.

One game that I played when I was younger that you barely ever hear about now or when mentioned, people do not know what the game is was a game called Yoshi's Island. I loved that game and spent so many hours playing that game on the Super Nintendo but so many of my friends or people I speak to never have heard of it.

It is a game I would love to see come back out maybe on the Nintendo Switch but I really don't see that happening.

Where would I even begin? I'll just list off some of the more obscure ones. I'll try to go for 4 on NES, SNES, and N64.

NES--
Clash At Demonhead
Marble Madness
A Boy And His Blob
Spy Hunter

SNES--
F-Zero
Illusion Of Gaia
Populous
Super Putty

N64--
Hexen
MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero
South Park
Castlevania

Remember this is just games that it seems like everyone has forgotten in my eyes. With Castlevania, I'm not saying people have forgotten about the franchise, but instead just that one entry. Also I'm not saying all these games are good, just forgotten.

Edited by The Blackangel