Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
xXInfectedXx

Renting or Buying Video Games

Recommended Posts

What do you think is better? Buying or selling? I always buy. I cant recall the last time I rented instead of bought however that is because it feels strangely satisfying owning a collection of computer games on the shelf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

What do you think is better? Buying or selling? I always buy. I cant recall the last time I rented instead of bought however that is because it feels strangely satisfying owning a collection of computer games on the shelf. 

It's definitely buying for me. I myself don't remember ever renting a game as well and I still have a final fantasy Playstation collection in a box somewhere in my apartment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people rent as much as before.  However, they do It online.  Anyway, not sure on this - cause, myself, I always buy every game I play - though I don't play that much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always buy. I have never actually gone out and rented a video game because, for me, I want to own that game for a long time. I've never even given a thought to renting a game because it's just not for me. The type of games that I play, mostly open world games or online games, there's no point in just renting it out for a short period of time. My type of games are fun to play whenever and they never get boring so it's good to own them and be able to play anytime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarthHazard said:

I always buy. I have never actually gone out and rented a video game because, for me, I want to own that game for a long time. I've never even given a thought to renting a game because it's just not for me. The type of games that I play, mostly open world games or online games, there's no point in just renting it out for a short period of time. My type of games are fun to play whenever and they never get boring so it's good to own them and be able to play anytime.

I agree because those are the kinds of games I tend to play as well - open world games and it takes you a while to really explore those worlds so it is better to buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly. Not only does it take a while to fully explore the large maps, but it takes a long time to actually complete the whole game as well. Games like Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2 also have a huge amount of achievements that aren't always easy to get. For example, I'm trying to get 100% for Red Dead Redemption 2 and it involves a lot of difficult challenges that are extremely time consuming as well. So, yeah, you need a lot of time so it's always better to buy it and keep it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

Exactly. Not only does it take a while to fully explore the large maps, but it takes a long time to actually complete the whole game as well. Games like Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2 also have a huge amount of achievements that aren't always easy to get. For example, I'm trying to get 100% for Red Dead Redemption 2 and it involves a lot of difficult challenges that are extremely time consuming as well. So, yeah, you need a lot of time so it's always better to buy it and keep it.

I completely agree with everything in your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I buy the games on my PC from stores like Steam and they are permanently associated to my account. I don't see the point in renting video games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 4:28 PM, killamch89 said:

I have never actually gone out and rented a video game because, for me, I want to own that game for a long time.

I don't think that the sole purpose of renting a game is to finish it. I have rented a couple of games to see whether I like them or not (Believe it or not I first rented Skyrim and then purchased it). It is like an extended demo for me. But I agree, 95% of my games are bought from the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, iaminsensible said:

I don't think that the sole purpose of renting a game is to finish it. I have rented a couple of games to see whether I like them or not (Believe it or not I first rented Skyrim and then purchased it). It is like an extended demo for me. But I agree, 95% of my games are bought from the start.

Fair enough point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think that games should be purchased. Now that refund policies are found in most storefronts. We're literally at a day and age where renting games isn't that popular

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the idea of renting games is almost becoming obsolete with streaming services like PS Now offering you to try out games for a limited time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...