Register Now
fantanoice

Where do you buy your PC games?

Where do you buy your PC games? I buy digital exclusively, mainly from Steam and Humble Bundle. I haven't bought a physical PC game since Sims 3 almost 10 years ago. 

I have also picked up Steam keys from resellers like Green Man Gaming before. I guess I like to look around for the best deal. 

How about you? 

I always get my video games from Steam. Recently I found that sometimes Humble Bundle is offering great games as a bundle only for $12 and maybe I would start buying from there too if I find something interesting.

Before I had very good internet connection it has been disc copy for an good amount of time. Evening then it's only been like 10. Now I get my content from downloadable sites like steam and Orgin. Isn't just cheaper but once you got it and after you download it you can get into it.

Nowadays everything is digital content

For me I tend to move between physical retailers where they are on the cheap (CEX in UK for example) or I only get them on Steam Sales or via that CDKeys place. I'm a bit of a cheapo as you can probably tell haha. Especially with the physical copies, as long as I can get an install out of it, I'm golden! Never heard of this Green Man Gaming though @Alyxx, I've just a had look and I might add it to the list! 😄

I don't buy PC games all that often but when I do I  tend to go to either Humble Bundle or Steam depending on which place has the best deal. With Humble Bundles monthly charge it's an amazing deal and you get a great amount of games for that price saving you a lot of money. Steam is one I will purchase from if there is a game on there that is on offer that I really want.

I have also been known to get PC games from my local game store as well when they have them on offer but that is not also all that often and usually when they have something on offer, it's not always something I want. 

Generally, my PC games are bought online by the company that manufactures the game. Games like World of Warcraft and The Sims. Now, games like Lego Harry Potter, and the likes available on Steam, I'll purchase via Steam. Nowadays, most PC games come with digital downloads so it's much easier to buy them online than going into a store to by them. Besides, most laptops (which I game on), don't come with CD drives by default anymore.

Nowadays, you don't see many Gaming Laptop's with CD/DVD Drive as technology is moving onwards; you will mostly see digital now which is good. I've started to purchase my computer games of a company known as Steam. They are good company and have an excellent customer service team along with a outstanding refund policy incase your PC doesn't meet the requirements, etc.