Sign in to follow this  
xXInfectedXx

Linux or Windows?

Linux or Windows for Gaming  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Linux or Windows

• Linux
    • Windows

Windows or Linux, tell me what operating system do you currently have installed? I have been using Windows for nearly a decade now and without question, it's better for gaming. Windows has a wide variety of high end games and Linux doesn't. Vote in the Poll and let's see which operating system gets the most votes.

Everyone who plays video games and has a degree of common sense because they are not masochists will always have Windows installed. I don't even know where this question is coming from to be honest as Linux is a platform focused on programming.

I voted windows simply because I have been using this OS since I got my hands on one and I cannot see myself using anything else!

I have used Linux but honestly I keep coming back to Windows. Not just because of the gaming but most of the software work out of the blue on Mac and Windows. Something which is harder to work on the Linux. I'd say if you are serious about gaming then better stick with console and Windows. Because you never know what software you may need. Linux seems to be lacking on that. 

Linux has nowhere near the same level of integration and features as Windows and isn't a stable gaming platform. As @UleTheVee mentioned Linux shines at programming and nothing else. Until the developers can get their platform to rival the functionality and integration of Windows and to an extent a Mac, then Windows will always be the go-to choice for PC gaming.

Most of the games that I have purchased does not support Linux. I have mostly purchased those as box versions. I do know that there are some of the options for linux games in the Steam and the Humble bundle. But I don't own a lot of humble bundle games and also the steam shops version of games I own are for Windows version only. So that kind of limits me with gaming on Windows alone.