Register Now
kingpotato

If you could create a video game what would it be?

If you could create any type of videogame about any topic or genre, what will it be like ?

I will go for my long awaited Star wars open world game since EA its not going make one, It will had the option to choose between Empire or Republic and choose the character class just like the Starwars MMO but with the open world single player experience 

For me it has to be survival game in some context like creatures and zombies. I don't see the value of the games into car racing and stuff. I prefer something in which users are trying to survive. I know survival games are harder to create and take the most of the resources. But overall I think for those who are into game development budget always goes up and down based on the funding. 

3 hours ago, Shine_Spirit said:

Maybe something between real and surreal world with a big twist in the middle with a lot of action, haha! Yeah, sometimes... Create something crazy is good for our sould (and for fun, as usual... haha).

56 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Adventure, soccer and survival games are what I would give my thoughts to ever creating if I had the opportunity to do so. 

Gamers do love such kind of game genre. 

1 minute ago, skyfire said:

For me it has to be survival game in some context like creatures and zombies. I don't see the value of the games into car racing and stuff. I prefer something in which users are trying to survive. I know survival games are harder to create and take the most of the resources. But overall I think for those who are into game development budget always goes up and down based on the funding. 

All great ideas, what would the world or situation be exactly for your game ? do you guys have any specific or detailed idea like a world or characters ?

On 3/9/2019 at 10:19 AM, kingpotato said:

All great ideas, what would the world or situation be exactly for your game ? do you guys have any specific or detailed idea like a world or characters ?

I may kind of prefer world where situations can constantly change. Something like they have shown in Netflix's "Love death and Robots". That series has some of the real good concepts. 

On 3/9/2019 at 1:49 AM, kingpotato said:

I would probably do something in the historical line. Perhaps, something with an air of archeology connected with the present world and all its modernities 
and complexities.

In my opinion, I think my game would have a potential success.

I would make something that is complete fantasy based (wizards and warriors type of stuff) but every small choice you make changes the outcome of the game. One wrong move and you can't get a certain weapon you need for a very long time, or a dungeon is blocked off and it's pure luck that you come back later and find it open. Maybe the path to an area on the map is changed. You go to town to buy items, but forgot something. When you return to the area there's no town. You return 5 minutes later on your way through and there's a completely different settlement. You beat a few monsters and you're back at your home. Something with more twists and turns than the biggest roller coaster and corkscrew on earth. And no players guides allowed to be printed.

I would make some kind of Stephen King-like video game, and the best one so far that comes close is called Alan Wake, which plays out like one of his novels. But some of these Stephen King novels would make some great video games - my favorite would be Tommyknockers, turned into a game.

Edited by Folk Artist

On 3/9/2019 at 10:19 AM, kingpotato said:

I think when you make use of the existing engline like cryengine, etc. Then you can pretty much have open world where you have to put things on and move as per the story as planned. I don't have any story in mind though.