Jump to content
Register Now
DC

VGR Forum Wants Your Feedback

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Techno said:

Every time I get on this site, The exact same video ad plays. I get it, the site needs to earn money, but I have never been so annoyed as I am right now, I have to listen to the exact same thing every time.

Please, at least bring in different ads.

Thanks for your feedback. We are playing a video ad through January 11. I'll see if we can get the ad to default to mute. I agree, that would be helpful.

Please see this thread about disabling ad blocker on VGR to help us afford to pay our staff writers and offer forum giveaways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DC said:

Thanks for your feedback. We are playing a video ad through January 11. I'll see if we can get the ad to default to mute. I agree, that would be helpful.

Please see this thread about disabling ad blocker on VGR to help us afford to pay our staff writers and offer forum giveaways.

Mate, how could I be complaining about an ad if I had a ad blocker on?

I don't even have the money to get a ad blocker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something I love is how laid back everyone is. Meaning that we can all give each other shit, and typically no one gets riled up by it. We can even give @DC shit and he just laughs. Most of the other forums I've been on, doing something like that, would get you suspensions and possibly even bans.

Video gaming aside, this is just a great place to hang out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is something I would recommend when you bring back the points for rewards. Pick quality over quantity, COD: Vanguard may be more popular, but it won't be a better reward than a small indie game that will most certainly be more enjoyable to play. Don't pick the AAA games because they are AAA, chose the games that your members will enjoy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everything is good, no complains so far. But I would like to know who writes those articles on home page? Are these articles original, or do you pull from the internet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, egghead said:

Everything is good, no complains so far. But I would like to know who writes those articles on home page? Are these articles original, or do you pull from the internet?

There are paid contributors for the articles. There's an about VGR link that shows you who the contributors are. As for the pics, I can't say if that's actually them or a stock photo. A lot of people use stock photos because they don't want their face online if they can avoid it. Granted, all of our faces are online somewhere (almost everyone has Instagram, Twitter, and/or Facebook but that's somewhat irrelevant as not everyone does), but a lot of people are super serious about their privacy. So I'm sure a couple staff members have used a stock photo, or one of a friend to maintain as much privacy as possible. Me personally, I have a throwaway FB account, simply because EVERY-FUCKING-THING is on Facebook and no one uses a simple damn website anymore. The only social media I actually use would be YouTube. That is if YouTube is social media. I don't know if it counts or not.

Edited by The Blackangel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use real identity on social sites, however,  I don't share a lot of personal details. On forums, I normally don't share personal details, I like to remain completely anonymous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The forum looks good as it and most of the members have made good contributions already but I would like to chip in one small thing I'd like to see. 

If it's possible to have the forum show active glow for those who are online when they are online, it would be nice. I have seen it on several forums and it's cool. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Heatman you're right somewhat, I see some forums especially those ones using Xenforo software to develop their forum displaying the badge or icon that tells you that this user is online instead of checking in the dashboard for online users category. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

@Heatman you're right somewhat, I see some forums especially those ones using Xenforo software to develop their forum displaying the badge or icon that tells you that this user is online instead of checking in the dashboard for online users category. 

It's one of the first things that I pick out easily in any community I join. It gives me a good feeling seeing who's online with me. Maybe VGR is going to copy it, I'd like it to be done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2022 at 6:32 PM, Heatman said:

It's one of the first things that I pick out easily in any community I join. It gives me a good feeling seeing who's online with me. Maybe VGR is going to copy it, I'd like it to be done. 

Let's see if admin will consider that. Like now, I don't even know if you're online or offline, I only witness that when you reply my message while I am online. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Let's see if admin will consider that. Like now, I don't even know if you're online or offline, I only witness that when you reply my message while I am online. 

tenor.gif

That's why I gave the feedback to begin with it. If that gets enabled, it will be very nice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

tenor.gif

That's why I gave the feedback to begin with it. If that gets enabled, it will be very nice. 

Your laugh us just terrible with this GIF, let's just see if there will be changes to it in the future.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...