Register Now
StaceyPowers

Hardest game you ever played?

Donkey kong country games are the hardest games I've played, for DKC 2 I was very close of beating the game. Hard games that I have actually beat the one that I'm more proud of is Devil My cry 3 with hard difficult settings, I know it may not be much but 12 year old me was very proud of that xD.

Legacy Of The Wizard on NES. That one is a serious kick to every god damn sense in the human fucking body. The world is so damn expansive, you WILL get lost quickly. I've only ever found 1 crown, and I've been playing it for over 25 years. I'm never gonna kill that fucking dragon.

As for hard as hell, and beat I would have to say it's a tie between 3. Street Fighter 2010 (NES), DKC2 (SNES), and Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64). Each one of them was a bitch to get through, but at the same time a blast to get through. With the possible exception of DKC2. I've grown to hate the entire DKC series.

Edited by The Blackangel

I was going to say Dark Souls but then I remembered that my Modded Skyrim game is so ridiculous with the bandits at Bleakfalls barrow having 1k health minimum and the Draugr are even stronger. I quite literally have to train up my character before I try Bleakfalls and don't even get me started on Dragons. In my game, their strength matches the dragons of the Elder Scrolls Lore.

Hard games I’ve beaten (off the top of my head):

FTL: Faster Than Light (on Hard/Advanced mode)

Bloodborne

Demon’s Souls

Dark Souls

Dark Souls 2

Dark Souls 3

Darkest Dungeon

Killzone 2 (on Elite mode)

Killzone 3 (on Elite mode)

Hotline Miami

@The Blackangel Never played that game (or heard of it, actually). I found most NES games pretty hard though. I don't know if that is because games back then were simply harder, or if I was just too uncoordinated as a kid to play them well. Or it might've been the gamepad--I still think that thing would give me grief today.

6 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

@The Blackangel Never played that game (or heard of it, actually). I found most NES games pretty hard though. I don't know if that is because games back then were simply harder, or if I was just too uncoordinated as a kid to play them well. Or it might've been the gamepad--I still think that thing would give me grief today.

It's a severely obscure game that very few people knew about even during the NES heyday. And since it's been 30 years since it came out, the only ones that are even aware of its existence are collectors and the occasional classic gamer. I would be willing to bet that many, if not most or even all of the developers who created the game have forgotten about it.

18 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It's a severely obscure game that very few people knew about even during the NES heyday. And since it's been 30 years since it came out, the only ones that are even aware of its existence are collectors and the occasional classic gamer. I would be willing to bet that many, if not most or even all of the developers who created the game have forgotten about it.

Interesting! What are some other rare games you liked on NES?

Has to be Skyrim for me. It's not a particular hard game but I just didn't understand what the hell I was doing half the time. It didn't help that I struggled finding the places that I had to go to. Maybe it was because I was young but I honestly can never see myself ever touching another game like it.

If anyone is into ROM-Hacks, for your own sanity I recommend you stay way the hell away from the 3 Zelda R/H's on SNES. I've been playing Goddess Of Wisdom for a few years now, and have only just discovered the location of a third dungeon. This game is so far beyond hard that it's crossed the line of being fun long ago. Now it's in the realm of having to beat it just so you can say you did, and feel that small sense of self satisfaction. Or so that you can wipe your ass with it afterward. Whichever is a more attractive choice. I'm opting for choice number two. It's the type of game that you don't even like playing anymore due to the difficulty, but you're too damn hard headed to quit until you beat it. That's how I was with DKC1 and DKC2. And now I absolutely despise that franchise.

And the worst thing about it is that due to it being a ROM-Hack, there are no guides or walkthroughs. There are no cheat codes. There's just you getting butt fucked by the Master Sword while all of Hyrule howls with laughter. And if the Master Sword is in this game, I haven't seen a damn trace of it anywhere.