Register Now
kingpotato

So apparently Days gone is not that good.

Days gone was released this week and I'm seeing a lot of reviews saying that the game is very average and it has a lot of flaws on its gameplay such as mechanics and bugs. I was interested in Days gone, I was going to wait for a sale anyway but upon seeing this reviews I'm not sure if I want this game anymore.
What are your thoughts about these reviews?

I've been reading the same thing. Following the press for the game leading up to its release though, it seems like the reviews are basically a confirmation of what people were anticipating--and therefore potentially influenced by it. I know a lot of people are also bemoaning "another zombie game." I think I'll just watch and wait and see how the game holds up over time.

Edited by StaceyPowers

On 4/27/2019 at 2:36 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I've been reading the same thing. Following the press for the game leading up to its release though, it seems like the reviews are basically a confirmation of what people were anticipating--and therefore potentially influenced by it. I know a lot of people are also bemoaning "another zombie game." I think I'll just watch and wait and see how the game holds up over time.

True, many will say play the game yourself and make your own opinion, but to be honest I dont have the money for that luxury 😆 for my wallet is only game of the year or close. I cant risk to pay for a bad game. I will do the same wait and see.

I think if you check the gameplay on the youtube, you don't find it that bad. I think some of the writers are just being too critical. I loved the graphics and the story too. But each to their own. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

I think if you check the gameplay on the youtube, you don't find it that bad. I think some of the writers are just being too critical. I loved the graphics and the story too. But each to their own. 

I did saw some gameplay already , yeah the graphics look very well, story looks okay , but the combat it looks kinda glitchy or imprecise. While fighting zombies close to you it looks like you are shooting all over the place , true you are not suppose to fight the zombies head on but it is something you expect to happen a lot at the beginning and for the close combat be that messy its not good. On the gameplay I saw many glitches that only happened in combat, enemy NPCs not shooting at you right away even if you are in plain sight, zombies getting stuck behind a wall instead of going around the wall. True glitches are to be expected on a new big open world but if combat is like that from the very start then its a real letdown.

19 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I did saw some gameplay already , yeah the graphics look very well, story looks okay , but the combat it looks kinda glitchy or imprecise. While fighting zombies close to you it looks like you are shooting all over the place , true you are not suppose to fight the zombies head on but it is something you expect to happen a lot at the beginning and for the close combat be that messy its not good. On the gameplay I saw many glitches that only happened in combat, enemy NPCs not shooting at you right away even if you are in plain sight, zombies getting stuck behind a wall instead of going around the wall. True glitches are to be expected on a new big open world but if combat is like that from the very start then its a real letdown.

Yes I do agree on the hand combat and throwing the objects part looks more like the walking dead type of the immitation. And in some parts you'd be hardly understanding when the mode changes from survival to the pure kill mode FPS where you're on your own. So I agree that some glitches and issues are going to be there. 

I'm not even surprised nowadays - any game that gets hyped up by the media and Youtubers I am extremely wary of. The worse thing about Dayz Gone is that it will probably be one of the better games of the year because most of the games that come out nowadays are unfinished, unfunctional games while Dayz is at least functional enough to play. The standards of the gaming industry have really dropped over the past few years and it is very sad.

On 5/3/2019 at 12:47 PM, Bravosi said:

I'm kinda surprised though, it was so hyped, yet failed miserably!

Not failed miserably from what I have seen. There are takers for the game. And it seems like a good game on that note. It's just that not all people loved playing it. 

4 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

@Bravosi That might be part of why it hasn't been so well-received--exactly what you pointed out. It was really hyped. I think when that happens, it actually makes it more likely a game will do poorly. If it disappoints in any way (which is easy with a ton of hype), that is what stands out to people.

Exactly my point, If the game has any kind of flaw, it will be magnified and blown out of proportion because of the media hype surrounding the game.

On 5/5/2019 at 4:11 PM, killamch89 said:

Exactly my point, If the game has any kind of flaw, it will be magnified and blown out of proportion because of the media hype surrounding the game.

Well the reason for the hype was because Sony had a good reputation when it comes to exclusives. I personally had my doubts since this was the first AAA game of this developer. But yeah it really it was really disappointing, its playable sure but it doesnt look that good like to spend 60 dollars on it.

Not so bad a game. It's a zombie apocalypse in the forest. Graphics are good. Story is average. Sucks having to keep looking for gas for the bike. Maybe the expectations were too high. I played the game with low expectations and was surprised how easily I got into it. At first I thought it was going to be the racist biker take on the apocalypse, but not the case. It's got some pretty good  little towns, outposts, and quarantine zones all destroyed and sprinkled throughout the map. Pretty eerie. I don't know why it had such bad reviews. 

DAYS GONE_20191220000008.jpg

DAYS GONE_20191218205438.jpg