Register Now
kingpotato

So apparently Days gone is not that good.

I got pretty far in the game, put it down for a while because I got caught up in other games. But I just started another play through from the beginning and I'm liking it even more this time around. I actually don't mind playing through it again. I recommend the game, cause you know, I'm the master gamer and all. 

On 3/2/2021 at 10:50 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I got pretty far in the game, put it down for a while because I got caught up in other games. But I just started another play through from the beginning and I'm liking it even more this time around. I actually don't mind playing through it again. I recommend the game, cause you know, I'm the master gamer and all. 

I don't know, it does get pretty repetitive after a while because all you're doing is moving around and killing hordes of mindless zombies. They don't even use any kind of tactics, even a twig can render them helpless because they won't know how to navigate around it (had a bug where a literal branch stopped them from getting to me and they all just piled up one after the other).

10 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Please, don’t even bother with days gone if you didn’t like dying light. 

I've heard that many times about various games, and most of the time they were wrong.

On 3/21/2021 at 2:31 PM, skyfire said:

Each to their own. What one may like other may not like it and vice versa. The thing about zombie or the survival games in general is that story is chaotic in them. 

And the stories tend to be quite generic as well. Accidental chemical explosion or lab experiment escapes, infects others and just like that, you have a zombie outbreak. The thing I don't get is why in every case, the zombies only desire human flesh.

On 3/29/2021 at 6:57 PM, killamch89 said:

And the stories tend to be quite generic as well. Accidental chemical explosion or lab experiment escapes, infects others and just like that, you have a zombie outbreak. The thing I don't get is why in every case, the zombies only desire human flesh.

Actually, in this game the zombies chase around animals and kill them. You even encounter zombified animals. 

On 3/30/2021 at 5:27 AM, killamch89 said:

The thing I don't get is why in every case, the zombies only desire human flesh.

I think it was blood when it started as it was taken from the vampire lores but when it turned into brain eating or flesh eating is something I don't know yet. 

Alright so I got Days gone on PS plus this year and I finished the whole storyline, along with all nests and hordes along with all side quests, not 100 percent but at least an 90% of the game and I have the say the gameplay is amazing, thats the only reason why I played it so much. The story on the other hand is just dissapointing, not bad but very average. I feel like they had a lot more to offer with this game, the game is very story centered but almost of all of it is very generic or just dissapointing. With that being sad the gameplay is incredible, its a big open world filled with creepy zombies in all sizes and shapes, you can get very creative on how you deal with your battles. Hordes are the best and most difficult part of the game in my opinion, its like a boss battle that you can prepare for and approach in different ways, sneaky, guns blazing or lure them out of their nest with your bike. Overall a very good game, but it could have been better. 8/10