Register Now
StaceyPowers

Has gaming increased your empathy?

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

Hellblade certainly increased my empathy for those with mental health troubles. It is nice touch when a game can covey a powerful, helpful and positive message whilst still being a blast to play.

It's really a wonderful game to offer those helpful messages which you got to understand as a player. I never played hell-blade, nor heard it before, but I'm optimistic about the game, playing it to experience everything good you said about it. 

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

Hellblade certainly increased my empathy for those with mental health troubles. It is nice touch when a game can covey a powerful, helpful and positive message whilst still being a blast to play.

I seriously think that it's part of the reason why most people and even some medical experts have good regards for the game because of its influence towards mental health. 

On 10/4/2021 at 8:06 PM, Head_Hunter said:

It increased my empathy in the past when the quality was there, but now nicro-transactions upgrade have caused me withdrawing my likeness. 

I'm still trying very hard to find the link up between having a game influencing your empathy and the use of microtransactions thwarting that. 

This would be a lot stronger piece if you specifically referenced prior art. It would help tie the ideas down a lot if you examined games other people have interacted with and analyzed why it did or did not work. The references to Papers, Please! works well, but can't support the entire piece on its own.

On 10/6/2021 at 9:43 AM, Heatman said:

I'm still trying very hard to find the link up between having a game influencing your empathy and the use of microtransactions thwarting that. 

Micro-transactions have really dented our empathy we have for gaming especially when it concerns EA, and Konami companies games. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

On 10/6/2021 at 3:43 AM, Heatman said:

He used to empathize more when games weren't just a huge money pit. He was really immersed but with the microtransactions - it annoys him to the point that he's not interested in the game. Therefore, he'd empathize less.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

He used to empathize more when games weren't just a huge money pit. He was really immersed but with the microtransactions - it annoys him to the point that he's not interested in the game. Therefore, he'd empathize less.

Oh well, now I get that completely and it's actually something that is very understandable because these microtransactions are dead annoying. 

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm actually considering moving to Belgium so that I don't have to deal with microtransactions in-game.

You have got to be kidding me with that assessment, although I know it's just going to be a joke. To move just cos of games ; that's hilarious 😂