Register Now
kingpotato

Death Stranding reviews : divided reviews

I just read 5 different reviews of Death Stranding and it seems everyone has mixed feelings about the game, some are giving it scores as low as 6.8/10 like IGN others 3/5  or 7/10 but a large portion of critics is giving the game 9/10 or even 5/5. It seems the complaints and compliments are everywhere as well, from the story to the game play to the setting and the open world.

Kojima's stories tend to be very deep with a lot of physiological and mythological meaning integrated into the plot so it doesn't surprise me that some people wouldn't like the story because it'll take a lot of thinking to decipher. Nowadays, gamers are used to mainly dumbed-down games so when something like this comes along, they'll tend to dislike it because it forces them to actually think...

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

That's true, Kojima definitely takes things deeper. And in fact the thing about the game is it can be possibly a new franchise with multiple sequels if they decides to extend the universe with various stories. I guess some people just dont' appreciate such depth. 

No they don't. They prefer shallow games with lots of action but no story.

On 11/2/2019 at 6:58 PM, killamch89 said:

Kojima's stories tend to be very deep with a lot of physiological and mythological meaning integrated into the plot so it doesn't surprise me that some people wouldn't like the story because it'll take a lot of thinking to decipher. Nowadays, gamers are used to mainly dumbed-down games so when something like this comes along, they'll tend to dislike it because it forces them to actually think...

You are probably right for the most part. I watched a video recently and that mythological stuff caught my attention. I knew it was a strange game, but this looks like the strange I can get into.  

Regardless how the game is received, I think just the fact that a creator was allowed to experiment so heavily in the AAA space should be universally seen as a good thing.

sure not all of the ideas were going to pan out, but that's what experimenting is about. I'm hoping that more measured and regulated AAA games coming out can look at what Death Stranding tried and pick through it's ideas to expand on their own concepts.

On 6/5/2022 at 6:28 AM, Jasmin said:

I have not played this game but I see good reviews. The game has 9/10 rating on Steam. The game was even awarded best game direction.

To sum it up its a good game with a great open world zombie world but the story is very boring, and the game does have a LOT of story but if you can look past that then its still a good game

On 6/5/2022 at 8:28 AM, Jasmin said:

I have not played this game but I see good reviews. The game has 9/10 rating on Steam. The game was even awarded best game direction.

Honestly, most of us who have played still don't understand the story - it's so complex.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:58 AM, killamch89 said:

They simply added a lot of complexity to the game just to spice it up but in the end, most gamers aren't happy with it which is why it's got a lot of mixed reviews here and there.