Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Favorite Game Genre

2 hours ago, SaucyPastaTho said:

RPGS understandable but why what's the point of simulators?

It lets me get to live a life I don't normally get to. I'm disabled and lazy, so I could never actually run a farm, for example... But in simulation games, I can act like I can! 😄 They're just sort of more personal to me than RPGs- I can vicariously live through an RPG character's life to experience many things, but having it be my own sort of experience makes it special to me.

1 hour ago, Juneberry said:

It lets me get to live a life I don't normally get to. I'm disabled and lazy, so I could never actually run a farm, for example... But in simulation games, I can act like I can! 😄 They're just sort of more personal to me than RPGs- I can vicariously live through an RPG character's life to experience many things, but having it be my own sort of experience makes it special to me.

Oh that makes sense, the only simulator games I actually play are the ones that are on roblox.

Reading through this discussion, there are definitely some diverse gamers here which is fantastic to see. This is a difficult question to answer because all of my most favoured games are in a wide variety of genres. I couldn't pick one. FPS, Shooters and Battle Royale would be my Top three if I had to choose a selection. 

16 hours ago, Alexander. said:

Reading through this discussion, there are definitely some diverse gamers here which is fantastic to see. This is a difficult question to answer because all of my most favoured games are in a wide variety of genres. I couldn't pick one. FPS, Shooters and Battle Royale would be my Top three if I had to choose a selection. 

I think these days sticking to one genre forever is also boring. Trying out different things definitely helps out as well. 

I can attest to that. When I was a kid it was, for all intents and purposes, exclusively fantasy games. Zelda, Wizards & Warriors, Legacy Of The Wizard, etc. But as I got older my interests slowly started to branch out a bit more. The first game I can think of that isn't pure fantasy that I actually started enjoying is Blaster Master. Games to follow were Contra, Mega Man, Excitebike, Kung Fu, Punch Out, Earthworm Jim, F-Zero, Star Fox, and assorted fighting games just to name a few. Also one of my absolute favorite games is not fantasy, but more sci-fi than anything, despite the title. At least in my eyes. Final Fantasy 8. If you were to ask 8 year old me, I wouldn't have given any of those games the time of day. It was fantasy or Mario. Nothing else. I was young and stupid. Now I know that while it may be a bit out of my typical comfort zone, that doesn't mean I won't enjoy the hell out of it. Otherwise I never would have fallen in love with Blaster Master, and later on, FF8.

Edited by The Blackangel

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think these days sticking to one genre forever is also boring. Trying out different things definitely helps out as well. 

There's no harm in doing so. If you never try, you'll never know. It doesn't cost anything to try different genres, so what have you got to lose exactly? Have you got a favourite or do you generally do the same as me when playing computer games? 

Edited by Alexander.

I’ve hit a few lucky breaks buying games. What I mean by that is, there have been several times that I’ve come across games at GameStop that looked good and had a price of $2. I would take the chance and buy it. My thinking is that if I found a game that I enjoyed, then I got a hell of a deal. If I didn’t like it, at $2 I didn’t really lose anything. And I’ve scored pretty much every time.

14 hours ago, Alexander. said:

There's no harm in doing so. If you never try, you'll never know. It doesn't cost anything to try different genres, so what have you got to lose exactly? Have you got a favourite or do you generally do the same as me when playing computer games? 

I have few favorite generes, but I do keep on changing and checking new games. I just try to find the gist of any game and move on. 

On 3/20/2020 at 1:21 PM, The Blackangel said:

What, exactly, is primitive to you?

Well, I was a kid in the 80s and a teen in the early 90s.  In that case, primitive systems would have been stuff like the first Nintendo console, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn.   Can anyone name more from that time?

Might happen to you that has for me that your genre can chnage as you get older. Has for me anyway. USed to do allot of shooting based games and Rping games with GTA IV to GTA V and doing fiveM. Nowadays I'm so into simulator games 🙂  Yep I like to fly apon flying now in P3d and FSX.