Register Now
Kane99

Should I build an old pc for old games?

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I still have my old Windows XP computer. I play AOE2 and Diablo II on it when I hook it up. I don't use it very often, but I'm still able to play those games when I want.

Nice! I have an older PC that has Windows 10 on it yet. I'm considering installing XP on it and making it into a older game PC. Since I got my gaming PC, I could probably modify it enough to make it play older games, including dos games. Which is mainly what I want to do. Plus, it has a good amount of storage, RAM and a good processor I think. 

On 12/13/2021 at 8:10 PM, The Blackangel said:

I still have my old Windows XP computer. I play AOE2 and Diablo II on it when I hook it up. I don't use it very often, but I'm still able to play those games when I want.

And you can very much easily upgrade your PC if you wanted it right? It's one thing that's very good when it comes to PC's usage. 

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm not sure this one can be upgraded. It still uses a separate Video card and separate modem card from the motherboard. So I doubt that it could be upgraded anymore. It's just way too old. It's older than some of the members here.

I think it's either @Justin11or @Head_Hunterthat mentioned being born in the early 2000 or so, it's quite older then him by a long stretch 😅

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think it's either @Justin11or @Head_Hunterthat mentioned being born in the early 2000 or so, it's quite older then him by a long stretch 😅

It's @Head_Hunter that is born early 2000s, I was born 1998. I'm quite growing old, but I still have some time on Earth to play whole lots of games before my time expires. 

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

Ha if you consider yourself old. then I must be getting grandpa in my 30s. lol. Long way to go son *Coughs*

xD 😂, I simply want to seek opinion and put some words to members. I am glad you said something, you're welcome. I am still coming of age, you spot it right, i respect you. 

On 12/16/2021 at 8:00 AM, Justin11 said:

It's @Head_Hunter that is born early 2000s, I was born 1998. I'm quite growing old, but I still have some time on Earth to play whole lots of games before my time expires. 

Just 2 years gap 😂. You're almost the same age mates buddy. One can hardly tell the difference unless either of you have hormones influence for huge growth and maturity. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Just 2 years gap 😂. You're almost the same age mates buddy. One can hardly tell the difference unless either of you have hormones influence for huge growth and maturity. 

xD, 😂. I don't know @Head_Hunter facially, maybe he has a rapid growth hormone lmao 😄. As for me I didn't develop fast, I am an average man. 

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

Coming back to old PC. I wonder if anyone tried to use old laptops and did something with them. 

It's definitely going to be a very difficult task to do for most people because personally, it's something that I can't see myself doing. 

Edited by Heatman