Register Now
Kane99

Should I build an old pc for old games?

22 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think we have to take time with the Windows 11 because it's not yet stable and has a lot of changes to make too. 

Seriously, I'm never rushing it. It's not like the one I'm using currently isn't serving me, so no pressure for me with windows 11.

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am slowly learning some hardware and may create something for my own use like portable raspberry pi based console or so. let's see where the experiment goes. 

I'm very sure that there are tons of video lessons on YouTube about how to do that, so it can help you learn well and not make any mistakes. 

On 1/11/2022 at 2:51 AM, Justin11 said:

It's necessary to take your time understudy the latest operating system of windows 11 to know if it fits to upgrade to. 

If you have no knowledge on how to get it done properly, it's better to have a professional do it for you to avoid all these stress. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

If you have no knowledge on how to get it done properly, it's better to have a professional do it for you to avoid all these stress. 

Yeah, instead of doing it ignorantly, I'll seek for professional help in order to avoid costly mistake and do it explicitly. 

I was thinking about either building or purchasing an old computer to play old games, but instead I decided to emulate a Windows 98 PC using PCem. If you don't have the room for a old pc nor have the time or expertise to build your own old PC, it's the next best thing. It's much better than Virtual Box. I've had issues running old games on Virtual Box, but haven't ran into any issues getting games to work with the configuration I have set up in PCem.

Yes, building an old PC for old games can be a cost-effective way to enjoy nostalgic gaming experiences. Older games often have lower system requirements, so an older PC can handle them well. It can be a fun project and allow you to relive classic gaming moments.

If you are only looking to play old PC games, it could be a more affordable way to be able to have a PC to be able play those games for a nostalgia hit. I will admit, some of the older games are definitely amazing and there is no better feeling than what you get when playing these 🙂