Jump to content
Register Now
hardcoregamer

How do you think about TLOU2?

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Everything I had to say without spoilers is my review, but I enjoyed the game. It has its issues, but it did not deserve the ridicule it got, In no small part because most of the ridicule came from the version of a "gamer" that I despise.

I'm curious about that version. More details?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The Blackangel said:

I'm curious about that version. More details?

 

A little of topic, but basically I'm talking about the prejudiced man baby who simply can't stand playing a game with a lead that isn't some muscular, power armoured douche, where women exist for no reason other than to ogle at and where inclusion people of colour, women with actual depth and personality, ethnic minorities or on the LGBTQ spectrum can't be allowed because to "political". I hate that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I enjoy it a lot. My favorite part was probably Santa Barbara. At that point Ellie is a little older and her entire look just screams "badass" It really did feel like the culmination of a revenge tale

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was one of the greatest games, if not the best tps game of this generation. It might have had the same basic gameplay as the first, but it was polished to absolute perfection. The animations, the fluidity of the combat, the gunplay are all as close to perfect as it gets.  I played TLOU:Remaster just before TLOU2 came out, and the gameplay in that is still frustrating and awful comparatively. TLOU2 was a breeze, I loved almost every second of it.

The story has some weak points that could be improved in my opinion. But I was satisfied with the overall narrative arc. And the game did everything I wished for. I was secretly hoping Abby would be a playable character since the trailer 2 years ago where she was revealed as a then unnamed character. And long behold I got exactly that. I wasn't sure of it until I got to control her in Jackson. Most rewarding 25 hours I spent on a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, m76 said:

It was one of the greatest games, if not the best tps game of this generation. It might have had the same basic gameplay as the first, but it was polished to absolute perfection. The animations, the fluidity of the combat, the gunplay are all as close to perfect as it gets.  I played TLOU:Remaster just before TLOU2 came out, and the gameplay in that is still frustrating and awful comparatively. TLOU2 was a breeze, I loved almost every second of it.

The story has some weak points that could be improved in my opinion. But I was satisfied with the overall narrative arc. And the game did everything I wished for. I was secretly hoping Abby would be a playable character since the trailer 2 years ago where she was revealed as a then unnamed character. And long behold I got exactly that. I wasn't sure of it until I got to control her in Jackson. Most rewarding 25 hours I spent on a game.

 

Pretty much spot on. The gameplay improved in pretty much every way. As aforementioned, went to greater detail in my review, but the issues the games has doesn't really stem from the story itself, more from the way it was told. The original didn't find strength in the unique aspects of its story, to tell the truth it wasn't that unique a story, but it was told with such great pacing that really engrossed you in so easily. The Second game actually does have a more unique, challenging narrative, but it's told in a more jarring and less fluent manner. I can understand why they did it the way they did, and it does work, but not without cost.

 

Still, it's a brilliant game, of the very best this generation, and in what honestly has not been a great year for big, story-centric games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even though I didn't like some aspects of the story, I still feel like it's a special game that tries its best to make you think. Probably not quite as monumental as the original (TLOU1 is one of my favourite games) but still an amazing experience that is easily one of the best games of the generation imho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2020 at 2:39 AM, Shagger said:

 

Pretty much spot on. The gameplay improved in pretty much every way. As aforementioned, went to greater detail in my review, but the issues the games has doesn't really stem from the story itself, more from the way it was told. The original didn't find strength in the unique aspects of its story, to tell the truth it wasn't that unique a story, but it was told with such great pacing that really engrossed you in so easily. The Second game actually does have a more unique, challenging narrative, but it's told in a more jarring and less fluent manner. I can understand why they did it the way they did, and it does work, but not without cost.

 

Still, it's a brilliant game, of the very best this generation, and in what honestly has not been a great year for big, story-centric games.

While The gameplay was indeed solid, I feel like the narrative brought it down a lot. Yes the mechanics were fluid, yes gunplay was awesome. But it needs to come in the complete package.

Although to each their own, Super glad that you enjoyed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2020 at 10:13 AM, KuroInDistress said:

While The gameplay was indeed solid, I feel like the narrative brought it down a lot. Yes the mechanics were fluid, yes gunplay was awesome. But it needs to come in the complete package.

Although to each their own, Super glad that you enjoyed it.

There is a lot of nuance in the story that seems to elude people who judge it too harshly. And I mean no offence by that, some of it eluded me as well. When I first finished it I thought it was a 8/10, but as it sat for a few weeks I slowly came around and now I can easily see it as a 10/10, emotionally I'd give it a 10/10 now, realistically only a 9/10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From my experience with playing both TLOU1 and TLOU2, I would categorically say that the TLOU2 is a good improvement from TLOU1. It came with almost everything that was expected of it or even more. With the gameplay, narrative, setting, character, combat style etc, it's almost a perfect game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The game has everything I love in a game. The environment and detail was amazing. And it even had a bit of nature taking over the cityscape. There was more going on if you paid attention like symbology in a way. And attachment to the characters, awesome story, great gameplay and fighting scenes, and all the realism. I've actually started a second play through. I put it on the hardest setting. Here we go MF. I'm not gonna hold back this time!!! Bring it!!! I said bring it; aaahhahaha. I saw a video where this player was awesome at killing in that game. They made it gruesome. That's what I'm gonna do this round. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...