Register Now
Kane99

Games you liked growing up, that were considered bad games.

What are some games you remember enjoying as a kid, but are considered bad games? I remember playing Rugrats: Search for Reptar on the PS1 years ago. Being a kid, I thought it was the coolest thing ever, but revisiting it in recent years, has shown me that it's a pretty awful game. There are many other games I probably played that would be considered awful. 

What are some bad games you enjoyed playing as a kid? 

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a specific title, but I'm going to say games that had no actual end, or ended too quickly. For example, while it's an awesome game, Excitebike could be one. There is no end to the game. It just goes on and on forever. Now one that ended too quickly was Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers. Very few areas to complete and you're done. Now I'm not saying that either of them were bad games, because they weren't. They were great games. They were just used as examples of what I was talking about.

Some of my friends did criticized my playing of WWF - World Wrestling Federation game back then on my SEGA console. With BamBam Bigalo my favorite player then with his top rope splash that burns the opponent. I re enjoy the game irrespective of their opinion. 

As the world is advancing new invention is coming in and the older ones become dump in the market. Long gone when Sega, PS1, PS2, PS3 etc retro gaming was, it really excited people back then, but since new franchise consoles came onboard, no one is talking about the older consoles, just the new ones. 

On 9/29/2021 at 12:36 AM, Head_Hunter said:

The games I loved during my teens are the ones following me up and down till this moment. I still find them enjoyable because they are still looking cool like they were made recently. 

Apart from The Punisher, I'm not sure if there are any other games that I loved that much more from my childhood. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Apart from The Punisher, I'm not sure if there are any other games that I loved that much more from my childhood. 

Hmm, you really know lots of games, most of the games I know are the popular names which many have Splayed here, that's why I'm simply eager to discover more sweet games as you're always on the discovery. 

I've been around gaming quite some time now, I've seen wonderful games and uninspiring ones. I don't play cricket, snooker, arcade, pokémons, indies etc. I simply play more of the super AAA games that are driven by realistic gameplay and lightening. 

On 10/2/2021 at 1:56 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Hmm, you really know lots of games, most of the games I know are the popular names which many have Splayed here, that's why I'm simply eager to discover more sweet games as you're always on the discovery. 

I wouldn't really call myself someone who knows many games. I'd rate my familiarity with games to be 45%.