Register Now
Kane99

Do you guys utilize Discord for gaming at all?

I am part of a few discord servers that I use for gaming, and for meeting people who're also into video games. Do you guys ever use Discord for any gaming reasons? I think it's a great tool to bring gamers together. Plus I find myself doing voice chats a lot more with people because of discord, which I normally don't do otherwise. 

I also like to utilize it more with my close friends too, or I've been trying to get them to use it for voice chat. I prefer it to using facebook or instagram messenger like I used to use. 

Also, no sharing of discord servers here. I figure advertising them is against the rules, so I won't bother. This is just towards discussion of using it towards gaming means. 👍

Lost count how many discord servers that I'm on. Around 35, I think. I use DIscord every day for just about everything. Most of the time to talk to people with chat or text and it's super fast and easy. Get the latest news and information fast with people posting and news feed gets posted. It was made for gamers, the ability for people to get together and game and as years went on, it turned into more than just gamers. Now it's for anything. 

I run three discord servers and have two test servers. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, what's the life of a gamer without being active member in at least 3 to 5 Discord servers? It's practically the home ground for all manner of discussion. 

True and it's very accessible so most people can't go wrong with using it.

5 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

True and it's very accessible so most people can't go wrong with using it.

Exactly. The very first day it was introduced to me, I was like what's this new one all about till I got on board and loved it immediately. 

I'm currently part of two Discord servers I use frequently: one for my Final Fantasy XIV free company which was necessary to join, and my D&D newbies programme. I wasn't really a fan of Discord and how it worked until I joined the latter, and I'm not entirely sure how it became so intuitive. It must've been some sort of ghostly possession, that's the only plausible explanation I've got for it.

1 hour ago, Withywarlock said:

I'm currently part of two Discord servers I use frequently: one for my Final Fantasy XIV free company which was necessary to join, and my D&D newbies programme. I wasn't really a fan of Discord and how it worked until I joined the latter, and I'm not entirely sure how it became so intuitive. It must've been some sort of ghostly possession, that's the only plausible explanation I've got for it.

Seriously, it's just like that with any gaming server that you join on Discord. You wouldn't really know how you'd get hooked up to it.