Register Now
killamch89

Addiction To Online Gaming

I remember back in the days, I used to have a bit of an addiction to Champions Online because I was one of the top 5 PVP players so I got into all kinds of interesting fights everyday. To be honest, I enjoyed those times but after a while, the game became really time-consuming. Did you ever have an addiction to online gaming. If so, what was it like?

I’ve tried online gaming several times with several different games. I’ve always hated it. The closest I ever enjoyed was playing Soul Calibur II at the arcade on campus. The machine ranked its top 100 players and I was ranked 6th. In a town with 3 major colleges that add 60k-80k people with 110k permanent residents, that was no small feat. I knew how to use Kilik, and I knew how to use him well.

I think some games are fun once you get into them, but other times taking a break and doing something on your own via a single player game lets you refresh and be able to get back at it.

Think the most addictive game I've played was RuneScape as a kid, spent probably 100-300+ hours on my character.

I was one of them World of Warcraft addicts lol. Worst part I played only on private servers so it was basically not even worth it. I did play on the official one as well but it kinda ruined my relationship with my ex (not really like because of it, but it was part of it, cuz she got a contraception implant and blamed me for gaming instead of dealing with her mood changes that were x100 due to that implant). So yeah I was addicted for a bit, but I quit it. I kinda miss the guild friendship and such, but oh well I'll find another game to have fun with like that.

I got addicted to Warhammer: Chaos and Conquest, a ripoff of Vikings: War of Clans, which is arguably already a ripoff of the browser game Travian. It practically requires addiction, clicking ever popup to build your stronghold because you can lose everything at a moment's notice in its dog-eat-dog setting. This was only exacerbated by joining a #1 ranked Warband (guild) where one had to move in locked step to the leader's orders, kicking and repeatedly pillaging those who weren't active for any more than 24 hours at a time. The glory was short lived as we massively outranked our enemies, allowing them only to rebuild their forces so we could take pleasure in a slightly more evened playing field, still in our favour. I eventually had to quit as I couldn't keep up with my comrades-in-arms, paying their way to the top where I refused to give any more than £20 in total before I descended into further madness.

My parent would never allow me to get addicted to any video games cos there were rules and time frame and that has really helped me upto game. Yes I do spend more time playing my favourite game but when it's time to stop, I stop without anyone counseling me.