Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you love or hate battle royale, and why?

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Camping isn't the word you're looking for. It's hiding because every player has to stay within a designated area or their health will decrease until you die so you have to constantly move around. However, you'll have people who hide the entire game and then right at the end of the match pops up to kill you.

well, camping or hiding, where's  the fun in staying in a hidden spot for ages to win a game ? :(, that's not funny, atleast for me...

3 hours ago, m76 said:

It's just a pretentious name for last man standing deathmatch. I hate the name more than the gameplay it refers to itself.

I myself prefer classical deatmatch where only frags matter.

I totally agree with you.

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

well, camping or hiding, where's  the fun in staying in a hidden spot for ages to win a game ? :(, that's not funny, atleast for me...

I share your viewpoint. I myself love moving around in maps because I love exploring...

12 hours ago, Patrik said:

I personally don't play any game that's based on Battle Royale for just one reason : who camps, wins.

I really hate how all of these battle royale games waste time, you literally spend the whole match looting and preparing yourself, then a dude who was camping the whole match kills you...

I agree to some extent. It's a good strategy to play it safe, but a lot of people like to get kills and pad their stats. I've seen people camp and hide, but the majority of the time, they're noobs like myself, or aren't very good at the game to begin with. The good players utilize building and shooting and make it work almost seamlessly sometimes. It's crazy how good some players can be at Fortnite. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I agree to some extent. It's a good strategy to play it safe, but a lot of people like to get kills and pad their stats. I've seen people camp and hide, but the majority of the time, they're noobs like myself, or aren't very good at the game to begin with. The good players utilize building and shooting and make it work almost seamlessly sometimes. It's crazy how good some players can be at Fortnite. 

well that's the issue, grinding for stats is what brings tryharders to games that are ruining the fun in everything, Fortnite or any similar game could be lot of fun if campers (or people that hide xd) weren't a thing

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's true that they're very good at making use of cover and maneuvering. When I used to play Fortnite, I was actually pretty good at it but only due to my years of experience in FPS deathmatches.

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

well that's the issue, grinding for stats is what brings tryharders to games that are ruining the fun in everything, Fortnite or any similar game could be lot of fun if campers (or people that hide xd) weren't a thing

I agree. They need to got out there and fight!

On 12/13/2020 at 10:39 PM, StaceyPowers said:

There is a lot of discussion of battle royale games here, and I sometimes see some of you mention not being a fan.

For those of you who don’t like battle royale, why don’t you? And for those of you who do, what do you like about it?

Well, I haven't really played the game Battle Royale enough to know whether I liked it or hated it. I didn't have much interest in it when I gave it a try, so I can't decide now on it. 

16 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Well, I haven't really played the game Battle Royale enough to know whether I liked it or hated it. I didn't have much interest in it when I gave it a try, so I can't decide now on it. 

He's discussing Battle Royal as a genre, not a game. The concept is a competitive multiplayer with X amount of players started a match with every playing against each. Players are eliminated by each other one by one until only one player is left and declared the winner. Games that follow this format include PUBG and Fortnight.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

He's discussing Battle Royal as a genre, not a game. The concept is a competitive multiplayer with X amount of players started a match with every playing against each. Players are eliminated by each other one by one until only one player is left and declared the winner. Games that follow this format include PUBG and Fortnight.

I actually thought he's referring to Battle Royale game and not genre like PUGB, Fortnite etc. It's where I got that mixed up as it was Battle Royale FPS shooter that I was referring to.