Register Now
StaceyPowers

Will Elder Scrolls 6 be a Microsoft Exclusive?

I don't necessarily think they will do that because the backlash they would get from the Elder Scrolls community would be unreal. I know of several PC gamers like myself who would create an uproar if they attempted this because everyone should be able to experience the Elder Scrolls no matter what platform you're on.

Well there's been back and forth on that for a bit now. Originally it was said that the currently planned releases will still be coming out for other consoles. But, I then hear something that contradicts that, as now they're saying they plan to keep the games to the Xbox family. 

So at this point, I honestly don't know. It could go either way. 

At this point, my buying decisions with any Microsoft product are going to be related to what they donate their money to. Currently, they are financially supporting anti-democracy by giving money to senators that want to overturn the presidential election. That is against the foundation of democracy, and supportive of the republican coup. 

With the big modding community that exists for PC I don't think they will take away that, but for everything else it's debatable. Depends how the xbox sales go I think, if they sell good, they can get more by making that an exclusive. But then again they would lose out on the PS5 market...it's hard to calculate, but I think the most likely thing will be that they will publish it for everythin.

32 minutes ago, Shole said:

With the big modding community that exists for PC I don't think they will take away that, but for everything else it's debatable. Depends how the xbox sales go I think, if they sell good, they can get more by making that an exclusive. But then again they would lose out on the PS5 market...it's hard to calculate, but I think the most likely thing will be that they will publish it for everythin.

That's what I'm saying. They'd be limiting their own resources by limiting it to the Microsoft platform.

On 1/7/2021 at 12:15 AM, StaceyPowers said:

With Microsoft now owning Bethesda, how likely do you think it is that the next Elder Scrolls game will be exclusive to Xbox/PC?

There is every possibility of that happening with Microsoft owning Bethesda as it's within their right to do so with the next Elder Scrolls games.

But on the other hand, I believe that the sales volume if they go exclusive would have a huge influence on that decision as well. 

Doubt it will be fully exclusive, as in only on Xbox and not on PC, but it is entirely possible that it may not be on PlayStation. But if so it would only be exclusive for at most a year. I'm thinking something similar to Red Dead 2

On 1/7/2021 at 8:34 PM, killamch89 said:

That's what I'm saying. They'd be limiting their own resources by limiting it to the Microsoft platform.

Yes, it's very possible that they may be losing out on a lot of money if they decide to go fully exclusive with the number of gamers that would be left out on Playstation consoles. 

There's no doubt about it, the Elder Scrolls 6 WILL be exclusive to XBox consoles and Windows PC.  It probably won't be on Steam either, it will be on Windows store and/or Bethesda's own launcher.  Microsoft did not spend $7.5 billion on Zenimax to give their business rivals a piece of the pie.

On 1/7/2021 at 6:42 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

At this point, my buying decisions with any Microsoft product are going to be related to what they donate their money to. Currently, they are financially supporting anti-democracy by giving money to senators that want to overturn the presidential election. That is against the foundation of democracy, and supportive of the republican coup. 

Oh will you cut it out!  Not every single fucking decision made on planet earth winds back to right wing politics.  This, for example, is just business.  We are all aware that that republican politicians accept what what are essentially corporate bribes but guess what, democrats do it to!  This is getting really annoying.

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Oh will you cut it out!  Not every single fucking decision made on planet earth winds back to right wing politics.  This, for example, is just business.  We are all aware that that republican politicians accept what what are essentially corporate bribes but guess what, democrats do it to!  This is getting really annoying.

I posted that a day after my country was attacked and almost fell from a coup attempt. So sorry if I was angry to find out a major platform was financially supporting it. I don't know why you want to reply to this 7 months later. 

On 1/7/2021 at 7:42 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

What's the possible benefits that are likely going to be getting should their plan work with funding the senators that are fighting against democracy? Would they get more government deals or what? 

23 minutes ago, Heatman said:

What's the possible benefits that are likely going to be getting should their plan work with funding the senators that are fighting against democracy? Would they get more government deals or what? 

I don't know man, probably tax breaks for CEO's or some personal agendas they have; but I have to refrain from political stuff in nonpolitical topics. 

46 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I don't know man, probably tax breaks for CEO's or some personal agendas they have; but I have to refrain from political stuff in nonpolitical topics. 

It may be ur may not be the case but one thing that I'm very certain about is that no company like Microsoft gets into politics without having anything serious to gain in return for their input. 

6 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

There's no doubt about it, the Elder Scrolls 6 WILL be exclusive to XBox consoles and Windows PC.  It probably won't be on Steam either, it will be on Windows store and/or Bethesda's own launcher.  Microsoft did not spend $7.5 billion on Zenimax to give their business rivals a piece of the pie.

Having seen the route Starfield took I'm inclined to agree and it'll probably annoy most people with consoles other than the Xbox or PC but it's just business.