Register Now
Kane99

What does EA need to do to win fans back?

EA, was once actually a respectable company, but these days, they're known as one of the worst companies around. What does EA have to do in order to win fans back? To start, I think they could earn some cred, if they actually let their studios finish games. As well, re-do their sports titles and take a break every other year, you can release updated player packs and animations etc. 

I think if they revive a lot of the old games they used to do, and games from studios they bought up, that would also help. Cutting out lootboxes, and other such gambling mechanics too. Basically anything where it implies you could win something, but there's no garauntee. 

What would you like to see EA do to recapture their respect?

Offer games that people really want, simple download the play right away with less crap to deal with. Games that are rewarding and people get their money worths and even received things. I think that they shall be the same anyway, I mean there are so many great games that are listed and Battlefront is one of them that most are playing right now since it's free on Epic games.  

32 minutes ago, staticradio725 said:

What EA needs to stop doing is charging me $40.00 for a Sims 4 expansion pack. Forty dollars! For one expansion pack! I don't even think I spent that much money on the vanilla game omg. I don't even think most video games are worth forty bucks.

Yeah that is crazy. There's a ton of DLC packs too, and I think they're charging that amount for most of them aren't they? Kind of makes me sick, as games like this used to come with most of it, and the expansions weren't always that costly. 

I think a Sims 5 with free DLC packs would go over very well. I could see it helping sell the game even more. EA could afford to do it too. 

EA's problem isn't that they aren't the same company they used to be, it that's they're same company they always were. I think it was Will Smith that said, "Racism isn't getting worse, it's being filmed." and it's the same with EA and their business practices. The only thing that has changed is that the modern world has helped people see them for what the are. 

On 1/18/2021 at 3:50 PM, staticradio725 said:

What EA needs to stop doing is charging me $40.00 for a Sims 4 expansion pack. Forty dollars! For one expansion pack! I don't even think I spent that much money on the vanilla game omg. I don't even think most video games are worth forty bucks.

That's why I stopped buying them long ago.

19 hours ago, Shagger said:

EA's problem isn't that they aren't the same company they used to be, it that's they're same company they always were. I think it was Will Smith that said, "Racism isn't getting worse, it's being filmed." and it's the same with EA and their business practices. The only thing that has changed is that the modern world has helped people see them for what the are. 

I think in the last two decades, EA started to sneakily push the boundaries but us as customers were too blind to notice it until recently. I do agree that the modern era also brought their greed to light as well.

On 1/17/2021 at 12:04 PM, Patrik said:

Creativity and less greed simple as that 😛

I'm not really sure if it's ever going to be possible for EA to stop being greedy when they can make it millions of dollars without stress.