Register Now
Alexander.

Running out of storage?

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

You'd be shocked how some people might say let me take my hard drive to get some other files as they don't have enough space with their laptop for what they would use on their PC at home. 

Yeah, I also have such stupid friends. But you need to keep your stuffs with care. Even if they want to carry that drive, let them take but you should take back the drive as soon as the transfer is over. 😊

37 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, I also have such stupid friends. But you need to keep your stuffs with care. Even if they want to carry that drive, let them take but you should take back the drive as soon as the transfer is over. 😊

It's actually happened to a friend of mine who took his own drive to his workplace and lost it there the very first time he took it with him. 

14 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Well, I don't see that's a major problem. Normally, unlike laptops you will not carry your PC along with you. And the hard drive will also remain inside your home. So, there's a slight chance that a big thing like hard drive will get misplaced. Yes, if you talk about DVDs, these get misplaced quite often. 😆

Happens more than most people will admit and it's usually somewhere you'd normally not check either. Mine are kept in my safe so I'll always know where to look.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Happens more than most people will admit and it's usually somewhere you'd normally not check either. Mine are kept in my safe so I'll always know where to look.

Yeah, I had bought around 5-6 pendrives, and all of them I have lost. Only one that I have bought recently is with me. Pendrives are small gadgets, but I don't think a hard drive will get misplaced so easily. Unless taken by your friend and then misplaced. 

3 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, I had bought around 5-6 pendrives, and all of them I have lost. Only one that I have bought recently is with me. Pendrives are small gadgets, but I don't think a hard drive will get misplaced so easily. Unless taken by your friend and then misplaced. 

Seriously, anyone can misplace anything if you aren't careful enough with it. It doesn't matter how big that is. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, anyone can misplace anything if you aren't careful enough with it. It doesn't matter how big that is. 

If you take care of your items, then having external SSD drive will be the best option. As you can store them separately, that will not eat much space of your PC, also will not slow your computer down. 

On 8/20/2021 at 11:41 AM, Razor1911 said:

If you take care of your items, then having external SSD drive will be the best option. As you can store them separately, that will not eat much space of your PC, also will not slow your computer down. 

Yeah - it's actually very good to be more cautious when it comes to keeping drives that contain sensitive information and not just games. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's actually very good to be more cautious when it comes to keeping drives that contain sensitive information and not just games. 

I have 1000 TB of storage and almost 70% is full. Sometimes, the PC behaves abnormally, it slows down pathetically. For that I had to restart my PC. I am sure it is because of the less space I have in my drive. Having an external drive would have solved my issue here. 

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

I have 1000 TB of storage and almost 70% is full. Sometimes, the PC behaves abnormally, it slows down pathetically. For that I had to restart my PC. I am sure it is because of the less space I have in my drive. Having an external drive would have solved my issue here. 

700TB of space used? Is your PC the host server for YouTube or something? That's complete madness!

6 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

You must mean 1000Gb, not Tb.  Anyway, as I mentioned in another thread Defragmentation might help.

11 hours ago, Shagger said:

700TB of space used? Is your PC the host server for YouTube or something? That's complete madness!

Seriously - even if it's YouTube server, it's even scary with that amount of used space for an individual YouTube. 

7 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

You must mean 1000Gb, not Tb.  Anyway, as I mentioned in another thread Defragmentation might help.

Actually 1000GB isn't that too much if you look at it closely. Some smartphone have over 260GB and it still get maxed out. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Actually 1000GB isn't that too much if you look at it closely. Some smartphone have over 260GB and it still get maxed out. 

I'm not saying it is, I'm saying he must have ment 1000Gb...  NOT 1000Tb because that would be ridiculous.

Edited by Crazycrab