Register Now
22_22

When did you first start playing PC games?

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think the keyboards ASDW keys are something we get used to after trying them for like 10 or so years.

That's a long duration of time trying to master that particular control option, but I wouldn't mind to keep trying until my hands are settled with it, by mattering it just as I use controllers everyday. 

On 4/1/2022 at 7:45 AM, skyfire said:

For gaming? lol. not a good choice. If it's budget decision I can understand but as far as gaming is concerned. stay far away from HP and Lenovo laptops, you can go for ASUS, MSI if gaming is only requirement you have.

If I may ask, why should one stay away from HP laptop for gaming? I think HP laptop is one of the best laptop out there. All my life I have only used Dell once and HP 3 times. Although I don't game on laptop but I want to know why you're suggesting Asus instead.

14 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

If I may ask, why should one stay away from HP laptop for gaming? I think HP laptop is one of the best laptop out there. All my life I have only used Dell once and HP 3 times. Although I don't game on laptop but I want to know why you're suggesting Asus instead.

HP makes money out of the servicing so they make mediocre products and put users on servicing loop. same with Dell. ASUS and MSI being expensive focus on the spec based customers in the gaming and creator industry. that's why they have less service centers and less focus on poor designed laptops put in servicing hell. Lenovo used to be strong too but they too are jumping into servicing hell with their low quality products lately.

42 minutes ago, skyfire said:

HP makes money out of the servicing so they make mediocre products and put users on servicing loop. same with Dell. ASUS and MSI being expensive focus on the spec based customers in the gaming and creator industry. that's why they have less service centers and less focus on poor designed laptops put in servicing hell. Lenovo used to be strong too but they too are jumping into servicing hell with their low quality products lately.

It's the same thing that's happening with most video games companies and how they now develop their games is the same that's happening with the laptop companies. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's the same thing that's happening with most video games companies and how they now develop their games is the same that's happening with the laptop companies. 

In electronics industry this kind of thing is rampant. be it laptop, fridge, TV etc. they make money on dumped goods.

On 4/12/2022 at 7:02 AM, skyfire said:

I got it now. So even if ASUS and MSI don't have parts in the market or service center, are you still suggesting we go for them instead of HP and Dell?  From what you said, it means that ASUS and MSI laptops will last very long compared to others but once faulty it might be difficult to fix due to low parts and unavailability of service center.

On 4/12/2022 at 1:56 PM, skyfire said:

In electronics industry this kind of thing is rampant. be it laptop, fridge, TV etc. they make money on dumped goods.

It's quite sad that it's something that we are witnessing in video game industry as of this time and it's really affecting how PCs are built now. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's quite sad that it's something that we are witnessing in video game industry as of this time and it's really affecting how PCs are built now. 

Yes those things happen and we can't do anything about it. like the semiconductor industry that has been affecting.

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes those things happen and we can't do anything about it. like the semiconductor industry that has been affecting.

Eventually, they get to ruin everything in the future with their bid to make it better. It's new PC gamers that's going to find it very difficult to adapt. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I never got to see the parts of ASUS and MSI computers, such reason won't be driving me getting those model. I don't want to be in the race of not having my PC parts when one of the core parts gets damaged. 

If you are in UK, US or say asia like me. You should not have that problem? are you in these 3 places? US and UK are the strong base of the MSI and ASUS. If you are in those nations yet not having parts, that may means you are in country regions and not city.