Register Now
Kane99

Bloober Team might be making a new Silent Hill?

Bloober Team has recently made The Medium, a somewhat popular survival horror game. They have announced that they're currently working on an already established horror IP for a popular publisher. Could this mean they're making a Silent Hill game? I could see it  happening, but we don't even know if it's a Silent Hill game. It could a horror game from a whole different publisher. 

This is what the CEO of the Bloober Team said about the project:

“We’ve been working for more than a year on another gaming project, another horror IP, and we’re doing this with a very famous gaming publisher,” he said. “I can’t tell you who. I can’t tell you what the project is, but I’m pretty sure when people realize we’re working on it, they will be very excited.”

Part of me wants it to be true, but part of me also doesn't want it to be true. I like what Bloober team has done in the past, but idk if I trust them with Silent Hill. What do you guys think? 

Read more on this news here - VGC

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

If it's just the same story all over, I don't see the point. If they are coming out with new story. I think we would see if it's good story if they do story level make over. 

For Silent Hill? Each game is usually a completely different story aside from a couple that were direct sequels. I think 1 and 3 were direct sequels with that one Silent Hill on the Wii also being a sequel/prequel of sorts for the first game. But to my knowledge, the games don't tie into each other. The point of Silent Hill, is that each character enters Silent Hill, and the town changes around them. 

I don't think it will be a remake or anything like that. With each new Silent Hill, the story is different and you seem to always play as a different person. And in each game, the monsters are different, as the monsters are like fears of the main character. idk if any of what I said makes sense, but I believe that's how Silent Hills story works for the main characters. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Unless they get some kind of license from Konami, I highly doubt it and Konami are known to be notoriously overprotective of their franchises and will sue the daylights out of anyone who even makes a remote lookalike of any of their products.

I'm hearing that Konami wants to outsource their games to different developers. So it may be more true than I expected. Right now, we don't know who will be taking over Silent Hill, but it's possible they may be hiring another crew to take it over. 

39 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Now that I know who Bloober Team is, that would be pretty awesome! Silent Hill is due for a game, but it could be something different they are working on. And they better make it available on all consoles. Not like The Medium crap only for PC. That was a F U to fans. 

Assuming that this is all true, and it has got to be said that this is HIGHLY speculative at this point, it will almost certainly be multiplatform if #FucKonami are publishing.

I'm not getting my hopes up here.  There are other possibilities like Alone in the Dark, Dead Cells or F.E.A.R to name a few that haven't seen a title in a while.  I'd rather wait for an official announcement than speculate, especially when it comes to even the possibly of #Fuckonami.  They haven't given a squirt of piss about any of their IP's for years.  Hell, they already had an opportunity to develop and market a new Silent Hill with the PT demo but instead decided to go out if their way to erase it from existence.

Edited by Crazycrab

I’d be down for this. Obviously, I’d probably prefer a bigger and more experienced team to handle such a beloved IP. But I think Bloober Team are pretty decent and have a proven track record for mid-tier first-person horror titles. Personally, I really liked Layers Of Fear.