Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does anyone else always adjust the volume settings in games?

I’ve noticed with a large percentage of games, I have to go into the menus and turn the music way down, the sound effects a bit down, and the dialogue way up. I’m not sure if my speakers are at fault, or just my ears. Does anyone else make similar regular adjustments?

26 minutes ago, AndreiMirfi said:

I'm always doing this, because I talk with my friends on Discord, and the game just blows the conversation.

Totally relatable - I find that in most of those instance, I normally turn it down low enough to hear them clearly. On the other hand, when I'm playing alone, depending on the game, it may be cranked pretty high.

I used to do that when I had mediocre to poor sound systems. Since I've been using studio monitors I rarely felt the need to adjust volume in games. The only exception being beamNG, because I often listen to podcasts while playing it and I needed to adjust the game volume so the podcast can be audible, but that's not the game's fault.

On 4/20/2021 at 9:26 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I’ve noticed with a large percentage of games, I have to go into the menus and turn the music way down, the sound effects a bit down, and the dialogue way up. I’m not sure if my speakers are at fault, or just my ears. Does anyone else make similar regular adjustments?

Most times, I prefer to make use of my headset whenever I'm playing in order to have it all by myself.