Register Now
StaceyPowers

What open world game contains the best blend of elements?

Some of you all might be shocked to my answer, Valheim 🙂 

Yeah it's new and open world. Map is SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Biggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg  No joke

But allows you to play many hours and still not able to explore the wworld that makes you feel free and build whatever you want. 

The best would be

1. Ghost Recon Breakpoint
    Huge beautiful world, with lots of hidden places and relics to explore. My favorite are the abandoned WW2 and Cold war sites. But there is even an abandoned mining town. You never get bored exploring this map, wherever you go there will be something that seems interesting.
  2. Skyrim / Fallout 3
    This is a tie, I really enjoyed going my own way in both of these games, no time for boredom, there is always a place that is interesting to explore or a town that leads to some complex sidequests.

I started exploring in RDR2 and I wasted hours and had nothing to show for it. That fits well with the overall tedium of the game.
The Witcher 3 felt claustrophobic, everything is small, the scenery does not look that great, it does not invite exploration to me. And the already mediocre looking scenery turns even worse as soon as you deviate just a stone's throw away from the beaten path. So I'm not a fan of either of those games. 

10 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Depends on if the features or elements is something you like. I like simplicity. Something that can let me explore without worrying about too many tasks. But enough going on to not let me get bored.  

In most cases, I find it difficult to cope with boring games. Games are meant to add flair to the gamers life and make it gloomy.