Register Now
lludawg

What type of mouse do you use?

My mouse has been lagging lately and it might be time for an upgrade. I'm wondering what type of mouse y'all use. Is it a special gaming mouse or a cheaper mouse? Wired or wireless? Black or bright in colour? I would love to see pics!

I can't game accurately with a M/K unless it's a proper gaming mouse with plenty of customisable button settings. I use a Logitech G502 Hero gaming mouse.

logitech-g502-hero.thumb.jpg.32eac5c4c17ec27e848a98e6fb7985f8.jpg

This is a wired gaming mouse that has two mechanical resistance settings for it mouse wheel, adjustable DPI, customisable RGB settings (although this mouse isn't that flash, but I call that a plus point), 11 programmable buttons and a compartment underneath to add weights to customise the physical balance. One has to find and download the software to customise the button settings which is a little annoying, you would expect the instructions to at least give you a link or be able to download the software automatically, but once you have it, it's easy to use even for a monkey like me (Link here to save you or anyone else the trouble).

image_2021-05-14_204326.thumb.png.90edb453acab716f037d84f55375ba42.png

I certainly won't claim to be an expert in gaming mice, but I like using this one. It's comfortable to hold, feels sturdy and the buttons are mostly easy to reach with little adjustment of the wrist at the most. I will say it's a little disappointing that you can only have five button profiles and I'd say that's not enough, especially if one plays a verity of games. I also can't seem to sync the RGB lighting with the in-built keyboard on this laptop, it appears that only works with a separate one. Overall, I'd recommend it, but don't take my word for it, other members might have other mice to recommend.

Mine's a Logitech G602 which is the successor to the Logitech G502 that @Shagger owns. I have had it for the past few years and I must say that it is every versatile and is good for content creation as well. In gaming, it's pretty lag free as well and it has loads of programmable buttons.

I have two mouses that I have, one is for gaming and the other is just as good and it's wireless and comes in use everyday.

First, Razer Naga trinity: https://www.razer.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-trinity/RZ01-02410100-R3U1 costing be around £49.99 at the time, however they are now £79.95 
Secound, Logitech MX Master 2S: https://www.logitech.com/en-za/product/mx-master-2s-business costing be around £69.95

Plus I do have another mouse that's an Razer Naga 2012 but I tired that years ago. still got it 🙂 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Noticed interesting RAT mouse while browsing. not sure if this is overkill or really useful. 

rat.thumb.jpg.945487fc4987919366ee139fbf175d30.jpg

This is my first time of coming across this RAT mouse. Seriously, the design is an overkill if all those parts aren't for something useful but just fancy. 

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

Noticed interesting RAT mouse while browsing. not sure if this is overkill or really useful. 

21 minutes ago, Heatman said:

This is my first time of coming across this RAT mouse. Seriously, the design is an overkill if all those parts aren't for something useful but just fancy. 

My old mouse is actually quite similar to that. I'd have to see the full specks and button placement to have some idea of what it might be like to use, but the design allows for a compact, very stiff chassis and low centre of gravity without adding much weight, so there is a practical aspect to the deign. Yes, the looks are not subtle, using that in an office you may as well wear of COD cap and drink out your coffee out of a novelty gaming mug, it would be that embarrassing.

Edited by Shagger

13 minutes ago, Shagger said:

My old mouse is actually quite similar to that. I'd have to see the full specks and button placement to have some idea of what it might be like to use, but the design allows for a compact, very stiff chassis and low centre of gravity without adding much weight, so there is a practical aspect to the deign. Yes, the looks are not subtle, using that in an office you may as well wear of COD cap and drink out your coffee out of a novelty gaming mug, it would be that embarrassing.

I just looked up YouTube to see if I could get a proper description of how the RAT mouse is like. 

Take a look here! 

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

Looks like some kind of mini transformer robot - not going to lie. It also seems to have all kinds of buttons all over the mouse which may cause a few misclicking issues because some of the buttons are in very awkward places.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Looks like some kind of mini transformer robot - not going to lie. It also seems to have all kinds of buttons all over the mouse which may cause a few misclicking issues because some of the buttons are in very awkward places.

Seriously, it's what's basically going to happen if all these lookalike buttons on the mouse are functional. It's going to be very hard not to misclick one for another. 

On 8/24/2021 at 11:18 PM, Heatman said:

Razer's Naga Pro mouse 🖱 is one of my favorite when it comes to my PC get to go mouse for gaming. It's quite expensive but it's worth every penny. Screenshot_20210824-231702.thumb.png.358942c954d91f4eeb598aa7702ea28c.png

Same, Had my very first since 2013, then 2019 I replaced it with this https://www.razer.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-trinity/RZ01-02410100-R3U1  Same to you I think then right?  I mean many people think it's crap and had so much proplems but for me, nope 😜 

Other then those brands, I do like Logitech mouse also.