Register Now
Shagger

Netflix IS moving Into Cloud Gaming and WON'T be charging Current Customers extra for it. (RIP Stadia)

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Yeah that is one possibility that I see here. I know many have not much looked at the gaming side of the netflix due to poor titles. I am sure if better titles come in that could make some difference for them. 

They already have a huge user base and they can well possibly turn to gaming customers as well if they perfect their gaming titles. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

They already have a huge user base and they can well possibly turn to gaming customers as well if they perfect their gaming titles. 

As long as they don't screw up like Amazon or Google did, they'll be perfectly fine. Honestly, I'm glad that Amazon and Google didn't gain any traction with their offerings because they are lousy at maintaining any projects that require constant attention as cloud gaming does.

41 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Well if you check the game catalog, the games are even worst than the amazon and google catalog of the games. 

It is a kinda underwhelming catalogue so far, but hell they gotta start somewhere.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/full-list-of-games-available-on-netflix-december-2021/

The most interesting ones are the two Stranger Things tie in games and Asphalt Xtreme. 

The Stranger Things games obviously aren't surprising since it's a Netflix IP.  I've played a little of Stranger Things 3: The Game before and it's a little monotonous but still decent.

Asphalt Xtreme was originally released in 2016 on mobile but has now been delisted from App Stores and is now an Netflix exclusive.  They've also removed all the in app purchases which is encouraging, I might try this one.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

As long as they don't screw up like Amazon or Google did, they'll be perfectly fine. Honestly, I'm glad that Amazon and Google didn't gain any traction with their offerings because they are lousy at maintaining any projects that require constant attention as cloud gaming does.

The precedents with Amazon and Google is something that can always point them in the right direction, otherwise they are going to face the same music. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

The precedents with Amazon and Google is something that can always point them in the right direction, otherwise they are going to face the same music. 

Amazon and Google tend to be very anti competitive so they'd try to come up with all kinds of schemes to undermine the other companies so I don't want them in the gaming space.

Yes the asphalt is one game that can be playworthy for now. I am sure it would be good enough for those who are into it. But apart from that and stranger things they don't have strong titles. I am sure soon they would find some like EPIC did while competing with steam. 

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes the asphalt is one game that can be playworthy for now. I am sure it would be good enough for those who are into it. But apart from that and stranger things they don't have strong titles. I am sure soon they would find some like EPIC did while competing with steam. 

Are you trying to talk about how Netflix gonna be competitive to Epic and steam broadcasting Live video game actions? Or you're simply referring to asphalt as a quality racing game?

On 12/4/2021 at 2:54 PM, killamch89 said:

Amazon and Google tend to be very anti competitive so they'd try to come up with all kinds of schemes to undermine the other companies so I don't want them in the gaming space.

Yeah, that's really true. They would get their games to most likely play only on their platforms exclusively and that's not good for gamers. 

I'm hoping they start producing real console/pc games that are actually good. Not just shovelware, app store games, but AAA games, or titles that can compete with some of the best out today. If Netflix wanted this to blow up, they'd have their own studio cranking out games. They could possibly be the next best game studio out there. They have the money to make it a reality. Who's to say they can't do it? If they hire the best people for the job, they could be making games similar to The Last of Us, GTA, Call of Duty, etc. And not just triple A games, but I could see Netflix reveling in indie games. 

They won't go very far just doing mobile games, well idk maybe I'm wrong. They could probably rack in a ton from microtransactions and all that, because mobile is good for that. But I think to really blow up, they need to make strides in serious games, indie titles and new ideas. 

On 12/6/2021 at 1:21 AM, Justin11 said:

Are you trying to talk about how Netflix gonna be competitive to Epic and steam broadcasting Live video game actions? Or you're simply referring to asphalt as a quality racing game?

Did I say that or are you implying that?

What I am saying is EPIC and Steam started giving out freebies and created userbase. Netflix may follow similar tactics. 

Having had a look at it so far, I guess there is quite a bit of work left to do. The selection at the moment isn't that great but not too bad for the start of the service. It's great that it's included with the current subscriptions though. Might have to give Wonderputt Forever a go.

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

What I am saying is EPIC and Steam started giving out freebies and created userbase. Netflix may follow similar tactics. 

Oh, I got what you meant now. Surely that has paved a way for Netflix to follow. I believe they've even followed after announcing Live video game shows. 

23 hours ago, skyfire said:

Personally, I don't really mind if Netflix do that as well. In fact, I'm really a big fan of Netflix for a while now.