Register Now
killamch89

I think I Found A Fun MMO - Crossout (If Mad Max Was An MMO)

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Gran Turismo does have Volvos but it belongs to the lower category of cars not the main focus of the game.

So, they knew where the car really belongs. I don't think the real Volvo cars would be any better than those models.  But their commercial vehicles like buses, heavy loaders etc. are of top class. 

Edited by Razor1911

9 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

So, they knew where the car really belongs. I don't think the real Volvo cars would be any better than those models.  But their commercial vehicles like buses, heavy loaders etc. are of top class. 

Gran Turismo is more of a racing simulation so they correctly put it in the correct racing category.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Although the gameplay can get quite repetitive in Gran Turismo, it's still one of my favorite racing games as well and what really got me into racing games.

Seriously, it's actually the same feeling with me as it's only Need for Speed that can be compared to be on the same par. 

28 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's actually the same feeling with me as it's only Need for Speed that can be compared to be on the same par. 

Need For Speed is bit more on the arcade style of racing whereas Gran Turismo goes for a more realistic feel. Need For Speed isn't quite as repetitive cause you can have things like random cop chases in the open world where you have to devise strategies to escape.

4 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Back to the subject of Volvos in GT, You can mod the faster two Volvos to where they can win some pretty high level races.  It doesn't make them the best choice though as I find you have to brake earlier for corners with them.

You see that breaking earlier for corners will most likely cost you the race when it's a close battle. It's even why some players won't make use of it. 

19 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Back to the subject of Volvos in GT, You can mod the faster two Volvos to where they can win some pretty high level races.  It doesn't make them the best choice though as I find you have to brake earlier for corners with them.

That's because those Volvos weren't made to drive at that speed. Unless you put on bigger breaks and tweak the suspension, the handling around corners is going to be pretty difficult.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's because those Volvos weren't made to drive at that speed. Unless you put on bigger breaks and tweak the suspension, the handling around corners is going to be pretty difficult.

Exactly, it's actually why most racers find it very difficult to select them for a critical race. 

On 8/16/2021 at 7:50 AM, Family sedan said:

I'm talking Volvos with all the mods.  I'm normally a Chevy guy, but it's just a game, so why not try cars from around the world.

Yeah, when I initially played NFS, I too was Chevy guy too. But later shifted to lotus and lexus. Specially I was impressed with their designs. 😊