Register Now
killamch89

I think I Found A Fun MMO - Crossout (If Mad Max Was An MMO)

1 hour ago, Family sedan said:

A Cruze for $30,000?  In the U.S. market I don't think it ever cost that much, but it has been discontinued here in the states.  America doesn't value small cars as much as other countries do, I'm not saying that that's right or wrong, we just like our cars a little bigger, or even a lot bigger here.

It's the import taxes of other countries that increases the price. For instance, my 2018 Lexus IS300 cost me around 30k but if I was in Japan, I'd have gotten it for like 22k.

11 hours ago, Family sedan said:

A Cruze for $30,000?  In the U.S. market I don't think it ever cost that much, but it has been discontinued here in the states.  America doesn't value small cars as much as other countries do, I'm not saying that that's right or wrong, we just like our cars a little bigger, or even a lot bigger here.

What you are referring by bigger cars? I mean, the length of cruze is 4.5meters. which is more than most of the premium sedans. Are you talking about SUVs? 

15 hours ago, Family sedan said:

That's absolutely true. My uncle lived in the United States of America and he sure loves bigger cars like Tundra, Tacoma etc. 

4 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

What you are referring by bigger cars? I mean, the length of cruze is 4.5meters. which is more than most of the premium sedans. Are you talking about SUVs? 

I think that SUVs are definitely bigger. 

43 minutes ago, Heatman said:

That's absolutely true. My uncle lived in the United States of America and he sure loves bigger cars like Tundra, Tacoma etc. 

Well Tacoma or tundra haven't been launched by Toyota here. Actually people here prefer to buy budgeted compact cars. There is shortage of car parking area, so having a large car will definitely be an issue. 

Anyway, these cars must be good for off-road driving. Right? 

22 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Well Tacoma or tundra haven't been launched by Toyota here. Actually people here prefer to buy budgeted compact cars. There is shortage of car parking area, so having a large car will definitely be an issue. 

Anyway, these cars must be good for off-road driving. Right? 

Yes of course, Tundra and Tacoma are excellent vehicles for outdoor off road travel. In fact, they are built for that. 

By larger cars I was referring to SUVs, but also we have bigger sedans (saloons as they're called in some parts of the world) such as the Toyota Camry.   I once owned an even bigger sedan called he Chevy Caprice Classic.  Mine was a '94, they got discontinued at the end of '96.  SUVs can have off-roading ability, but most really don't.  America's idea of a premium small car is slapping an Acura badge on a Honda Civic.

2 minutes ago, Family sedan said:

By larger cars I was referring to SUVs, but also we have bigger sedans (saloons as they're called in some parts of the world) such as the Toyota Camry.   I once owned an even bigger sedan called he Chevy Caprice Classic.  Mine was a '94, they got discontinued at the end of '96.  SUVs can have off-roading ability, but most really don't.  America's idea of a premium small car is slapping an Acura badge on a Honda Civic.

The SUVs that we make use of here are very good when it comes to going off-roading. Some are quite good in desert 🏜 ride. 

Heatman, what country are you in?  Just wondering because most of the SUVs we have here in the U.S. are grocery getters that are essentially raised up Peugeot 405 wagons for the modern world.  The U.S. market doesn't have the Nissan Partol.  We have the Jeep Wrangler, but I won't buy anything made by Stelantis.

11 minutes ago, Family sedan said:

Heatman, what country are you in?  Just wondering because most of the SUVs we have here in the U.S. are grocery getters that are essentially raised up Peugeot 405 wagons for the modern world.  The U.S. market doesn't have the Nissan Partol.  We have the Jeep Wrangler, but I won't buy anything made by Stelantis.

Currently, I'm in Dubai. It shouldn't surprise you because it's why those SUVs come in handy as a result of some desert around here if you want to go off-road drive. 

13 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Currently, I'm in Dubai. It shouldn't surprise you because it's why those SUVs come in handy as a result of some desert around here if you want to go off-road drive. 

The dust storms in Dubai are pretty terrible when they really kick in. I went there once and it was okay at least the more upscale areas but other parts - not so much.

46 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The dust storms in Dubai are pretty terrible when they really kick in. I went there once and it was okay at least the more upscale areas but other parts - not so much.

Seriously, it's the only thing in Dubai that I don't and can't ever get used to with the little time I have spent here. 

11 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I just searched the specs of Chevy caprice classic. Yeah, it was really big than I imagined. It's around 5.5 metres long. Normally, we don't have cars more than 5 metres long. And yeah, SUVs are quite popular here.