Register Now
StaceyPowers

Are there any games you are embarrassed to play?

6 minutes ago, m76 said:

I'm usually embarassed when I'm in the character creator especially if the character is in underwear.

emmm1.gif.8c1733cfa108a2ace2c14f4c75192049.gif

...  what's the alternative, then? Does the character need to be fully nude or in full clothing/armour? If so, why is that better? I'm really confused...

I'm sorry, but I automatically humanize characters and I feel uncomfortable fiddling with their body parts. It just feels wrong.

I'm not saying there should be an alternative, fully nude would be even worse for me. And if in full armor you can't see the changes you make.

5 minutes ago, m76 said:

I'm sorry, but I automatically humanize characters and I feel uncomfortable fiddling with their body parts. It just feels wrong.

I'm not saying there should be an alternative, fully nude would be even worse for me. And if in full armor you can't see the changes you make.

A strangely prudish statement form somebody who thinks female characters in video games that don't meet your "aesthetic" standards can only be the work of a social/political agenda opposed to your own.

From your review of Terminator: Resistance

termreviewm76-2.png.81d9d46f434da839fcc8a9b3ff099a57.png

14 minutes ago, Shagger said:

A strangely prudish statement form somebody who thinks female characters in video games that don't meet your "aesthetic" standards can only be the work of a social/political agenda opposed to your own.

From your review of Terminator: Resistance

termreviewm76-2.png.81d9d46f434da839fcc8a9b3ff099a57.png

So you think more attractive means less clothing?  I didn't think you were so shallow and vulgar.

It's almost as if you think I'd be embarassed by what I wrote. But I fully stand by every word. I'm not a hypocrite. So thanks for the free advertising I guess.

58 minutes ago, m76 said:

I'm usually embarassed when I'm in the character creator especially if the character is in underwear.

I don't care about that.  I think most of the open world RPG's with a character creator show characters in underwear, or at least some kind of default shirt or something.  For the sake of "role play" I will often want my character to have a specific body type.  Big and muscular for a barbarian or a leaner more athletic type for a rouge or assassin, even if it makes no difference to the gameplay which it usually doesn't.

6 hours ago, m76 said:

/So you think more attractive means less clothing?  I didn't think you were so shallow and vulgar.

It's almost as if you think I'd be embarassed by what I wrote. But I fully stand by every word. I'm not a hypocrite. So thanks for the free advertising I guess.

I'm shallow and vulgar when you base the value of a character on how attractive you find them?  At what point did I say more attractive means less clothing? Seriously? Exactly, you're making baseless implications. Not to mention it's you who brought that into the conversation. So where did the connection between attraction and the nude form in the conversation actually come from? Exactly, it came from YOU!

I'm the meantime, I can see exactly what it was you were trying to imply about me and, on an equally personal note, how dare you imply that about me. But it seems you want to talk candidly, if not honestly, so lets do that. Except I AM going to tell the truth, whether you want to hear it or not. 

You're not as smart as I thought since you can't even see yourself for what you are. Your conduct in that review, on this forum (especially in this thread) added the hugely inappropriate and misguided views you've had on the issue of race have shown you for what you rally are. A hypocritical, shallow, vain, racist, misogynistic, deluded, arrogant little narcissist. Stand by your statements if you want, just be aware they won't change how others perceive you and that others have a right to make thier own judgment, including me. And before you employ you're usual tactic by calling out an "abuse of my power" as mod (something you very well know I've never been guilty of), my position, role and duty on VGR have nothing to do with this. However, it has brought me to a point where I've had to show you far more patience you will admit to, no matter what evidence I'd provide. I've given you chance after chance to show the same patience and willingness to learn, only for you insult me and others on this forum instead. Your conduct over the last week or so has pushed me to the point where I've officially stopped caring. The only reason I'm not going to hide your posts from me is because, as a mod, that's a luxury I can't permit myself to use.

However, if you will take one last piece of advice, think about YOUR role here. Because if you think your going to convince anyone to follow your warped philosophy on what gaming is supposed to be, you are wasting your time. Even if you have believed nothing else I've said, believe that.

I have enjoyed a few of your reviews and from day one I've admired you intelligence (NOT envied it, don't get mixed up), but your arrogance, inability to consider the thoughts of others and deluded perception of yourself have overshadowed much of the positive contribution you have made here. I'm done with you.

Edited by Shagger

10 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Would you be embarrassed to play this character?

2135762137_AssassinsCreedOdyssey_20210331174453.thumb.jpg.c1dcadb5cd36ff56e52a6a8a27b0f9ff.jpg

Yes, I'd definitely be uncomfortable playing the game in that "outfit"

And before Shagger comes and misconstrues or deliberately misrepresents this too, I'd equally be uncomfortable playing a male character in underwear.

Edited by m76

10 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I don't care about that.  I think most of the open world RPG's with a character creator show characters in underwear, or at least some kind of default shirt or something.  For the sake of "role play" I will often want my character to have a specific body type.  Big and muscular for a barbarian or a leaner more athletic type for a rouge or assassin, even if it makes no difference to the gameplay which it usually doesn't.

I didn't say it's a bad thing, just something I might be overly conscious about. It doesn't help when lots of people tell you "so you like playing barbie dressup?" Yeah, I actually do, but I wouldn't have admitted to that when I was a teen.

28 minutes ago, m76 said:

I didn't say it's a bad thing, just something I might be overly conscious about. It doesn't help when lots of people tell you "so you like playing barbie dressup?" Yeah, I actually do, but I wouldn't have admitted to that when I was a teen.

I've been playing video games for 30 years, I have never seen anyone online nor in real life compare customising the look of a video game character to dressing up a doll. Given that this is literally the first time those two things have shared a thought in my mind, I can see there are more similarities than one would initially think, but who was it in your life that made that connection? Whoever it was was either a genius or a fool, and I honestly can't tell which. Even if it is the same thing, and I could make a plausible case for either stance, like you said it's nothing to be ashamed of. Hell, a boy playing with dolls isn't anything to be ashamed of, at least not anymore. I have a 9 year old son, and it wouldn't bother me at all it he did.

So seriously, who was it that said that because I genuinely find that fascinating.

Edited by Shagger

10 hours ago, Shagger said:

I'm shallow and vulgar when you base the value of a character on how attractive you find them?  At what point did I say more attractive means less clothing? Seriously? Exactly, you're making baseless implications. Not to mention it's you who brought that into the conversation. So where did the connection between attraction and the nude form in the conversation actually come from? Exactly, it came from YOU!

I stated two things:

1. I prefer attractive or traditionally beautiful characters over plain ones all else being equal
2. That I'm uncomfortable playing games with my character in undies.

The only one seeing a conflict between the two is you. So I don't know what twisted logic are you using when you are trying to say that it's me who thinks nude = more attractive.

I caught you out for what I've been saying all the time. To quote one of my favorite writers:

"sexual moralizing by public figures is a sign of hypocrisy or worse, and most usually a desire to perform the very act that is most being condemned"

I know you are not a public figure, but you are constantly moralizing on this public forum, and accuse me of what turns out you are obviously guilty of.

I'm the meantime, I can see exactly what it was you were trying to imply about me and, on an equally personal note, how dare you imply that about me. But it seems you want to talk candidly, if not honestly, so lets do that. Except I AM going to tell the truth, whether you want to hear it or not. 

I'm not implying anything you hadn't already proven. It's done, own up to it. That would actually be a virtuous thing, rather than just virtue signaling all the time.

You're not as smart as I thought since you can't even see yourself for what you are. Your conduct in that review, on this forum (especially in this thread) added the hugely inappropriate and misguided views you've had on the issue of race have shown you for what you rally are.

You know, being angry doesn't solve anything, you are just digging that hole you are in deeper.

A hypocritical, shallow, vain, racist, misogynistic, deluded, arrogant little narcissist.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. I'll admit though that sometimes I do tend to be arrogant, but that's not personal, it's just the fact that when you hear the same false accusations laid at your feet without evidence for the nth time it becomes tedious to even argue against them.

Stand by your statements if you want,

But then you actually provide evidence to  the contrary yourself. How can I be a hypocrite if I stand by my words? And if I make a mistake I own up to it. Something which you seem incapable of.

just be aware they won't change how others perceive you and that others have a right to make thier own judgment,

The misguided nature of others saddens me, but it does not change my views. You know what could? Reasons and evidence for the contrary that I hold true.If you want to sway me, use evidence, not insults. Insults only hurt if they ring true.

including me. And before you employ you're usual tactic by calling out an "abuse of my power" as mod (something you very well know I've never been guilty of), my position, role and duty on VGR have nothing to do with this. However, it has brought me to a point where I've had to show you far more patience you will admit to, no matter what evidence I'd provide. I've given you chance after chance to show the same patience and willingness to learn, only for you insult me and others on this forum instead. Your conduct over the last week or so has pushed me to the point where I've officially stopped caring. The only reason I'm not going to hide your posts from me is because, as a mod, that's a luxury I can't permit myself to use.

Must be hard being you. You can't even create a proper echo chamber by hiding dissenting views. Please excuse me if I don't feel any sympathy for the hardships you endure because of me.

However, if you will take one last piece of advice, think about YOUR role here. Because if you think your going to convince anyone to follow your warped philosophy on what gaming is supposed to be, you are wasting your time. Even if you have believed nothing else I've said, believe that.

Let's be diligent, let's recap what my "warped" philosophy is:

1. Games should not always be an exact mirror image of reality
  2. Main characters in games should be more attractive than average
  3. Mandating racial or gender quotas in games is bad

I can see now, I'm literally the worst.

I have enjoyed a few of your reviews and from day one I've admired you intelligence (NOT envied it, don't get mixed up), but your arrogance, inability to consider the thoughts of others and deluded perception of yourself have overshadowed much of the positive contribution you have made here. I'm done with you.

I don't know how can you measure my intelligence through a forum, but I'll take that as a compliment, thanks. And I'm not proud to be arrogant, but I'm humble enough to admit it.

Edited by m76