Register Now
StaceyPowers

What video game did you most have to challenge yourself to play?

20 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

What video game posed the greatest challenge for you to play, where you really had to push outside your comfort zone?

DARK SOULS!!! 

It's one hell of a game that I had to keep procrastinating because I already knew it's not going to be cakewalk before I summoned up the courage to play. I think it took me over 5 months to do that. 

RDR2. I've never been a fan of western games. Custers Revenge was a small factor in that and warped my view for a long time. But also I just found them boring as hell. But then watching my girl play RDR2, the interest started building in me, and (after about a year or so) I ended up playing it like a fiend.

20 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

What video game posed the greatest challenge for you to play, where you really had to push outside your comfort zone?

Well, one game I remember now is Halo. When I initially played the game, I was quite impressed. I like the new alien world, exploring new things, and ofcourse those funny aliens. I was a noob at that time, but now I have much experience in FPS games. So, this game would be the one that had really pissed me off many times. 😆

5 hours ago, Empire said:

If it's a game that you need to think and maybe maths are involved then those are the challenge games for me. 

Oh my!! You hate mathematics like I do. The simplest of calculations gives me migraine. The only math I love to do is counting my money 😂

6 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Well, one game I remember now is Halo. When I initially played the game, I was quite impressed. I like the new alien world, exploring new things, and ofcourse those funny aliens. I was a noob at that time, but now I have much experience in FPS games. So, this game would be the one that had really pissed me off many times. 😆

I believe most games that we haven't mastered how to play at our first try is always that way. We get better along the way with many trails. 

27 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Dark Souls really takes a lot out of you because it's a very unforgiving game. Everything has to be strategically thought out and properly calculated or else you'll fall miserably time and time again.

Seriously - Dark Souls and even Demon Souls are in that category. They are not games that you pick up easily to play. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - Dark Souls and even Demon Souls are in that category. They are not games that you pick up easily to play. 

I completely agree and you'll lose a lot more fights than you'd normally expect so it tends to discourage a lot of people as they play through it.. Monster Hunter is also a game that takes some getting used to as the boss fights tend to be really unpredictable.

On 9/5/2021 at 4:23 AM, killamch89 said:

I completely agree and you'll lose a lot more fights than you'd normally expect so it tends to discourage a lot of people as they play through it.. Monster Hunter is also a game that takes some getting used to as the boss fights tend to be really unpredictable.

Seriously - my very first time with playing Dark Souls, it was like it's my very first time ever with playing such kind of game as I was beaten and battered like a 4 year old playing. 

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - my very first time with playing Dark Souls, it was like it's my very first time ever with playing such kind of game as I was beaten and battered like a 4 year old playing. 

I'd say that I learned exactly what a punching bag goes through when you're being pummeled mercilessly by all those enemies and can't even counterattack especially when they corner you.