Register Now
killamch89

PEGI Thinks Pokemon's Simulated Gambling Is For Adults & FIFA's Real Loot Box Gambling Is For Kids

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think the rating foundations have been rigged for years. If they were to be doing their job, horror and zombie games would never be so open at current standards. 

If they were really doing their job, games like Fifa and NBA 2k would be for mature audiences with their gambling mechanics.

To be honest I think video games with simulated gambling are a good thing, sure its not impossible it could ignite some sort of addiction potentially, but I think for the majority who experience it, its a valuable lesson because you can’t reload life if you lose all your money like in Pokemon, or for me, New Vegas

On 9/7/2021 at 6:19 AM, Empire said:

To be honest I think video games with simulated gambling are a good thing, sure its not impossible it could ignite some sort of addiction potentially, but I think for the majority who experience it, its a valuable lesson because you can’t reload life if you lose all your money like in Pokemon, or for me, New Vegas

That's not the real issue though - it's the fact that gambling in games using real money is being promoted as "child friendly" whereas gambling with virtual assets in games like Pokemon is being promoted as "adult gambling". It doesn't make any sense...

On 9/15/2021 at 7:14 AM, killamch89 said:

That's not the real issue though - it's the fact that gambling in games using real money is being promoted as "child friendly" whereas gambling with virtual assets in games like Pokemon is being promoted as "adult gambling". It doesn't make any sense...

I don't think PEGI have considered this thing while rating the games. I think, the games that they rate are mostly on violence and gore contents, and least about such microtransactions related stuffs. 

On 9/6/2021 at 8:13 AM, skyfire said:

I think the rating foundations have been rigged for years. If they were to be doing their job, horror and zombie games would never be so open at current standards. 

Seriously - I have been asking myself why they work towards rigging the rating system? Is it to boost market sales or what? 

On 9/7/2021 at 2:45 AM, killamch89 said:

If they were really doing their job, games like Fifa and NBA 2k would be for mature audiences with their gambling mechanics.

They just really feel like ignoring the fact that lootboxes are actually simulation gambling because it's not reflecting on their rating system. 

3 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Their is always manipulation everywhere both in virtual world, I don't see any game surpassing NBA 2K and EA FIFA game series. 

Yeah - There is always a very good reason behind each and every data manipulation that they have carried out because I'm sure it's not all for nothing. 

7 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I don't think PEGI have considered this thing while rating the games. I think, the games that they rate are mostly on violence and gore contents, and least about such microtransactions related stuffs. 

The problem is there is no violence in Pokemon games yet the ratings are absolutely skewed. The problem is these organizations for the better part of the last decade have become an absolute joke and don't know how to properly rate a game.

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

I've actually praised the existence to organisations like PEGI and the ESRB going so far as to say we have them to thank for gaming existing as we know it today, but this is indefensible. The game's ratings boards need a serious kick in the ass.

PEGI and ESRB have been really slipping up for the better part of the last decade. They need more than a serious kick - they need a Mike Tyson beatdown for how poorly their organizations are at performing their basic duties. It's disgraceful.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The problem is there is no violence in Pokemon games yet the ratings are absolutely skewed. The problem is these organizations for the better part of the last decade have become an absolute joke and don't know how to properly rate a game.

PEGI and ESRB have been really slipping up for the better part of the last decade. They need more than a serious kick - they need a Mike Tyson beatdown for how poorly their organizations are at performing their basic duties. It's disgraceful.

Why they don't have a strict game rating system or protocol on how the rating is carried out is definitely something that's keep worrying me over a long time now. 

43 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Why they don't have a strict game rating system or protocol on how the rating is carried out is definitely something that's keep worrying me over a long time now. 

I am too confused, why would Pokemon being rated adults only. I mean, it doesn't have any violence and gore contents. Obviously the rating system need a serious restructuring. 

6 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

I am too confused, why would Pokemon being rated adults only. I mean, it doesn't have any violence and gore contents. Obviously the rating system need a serious restructuring. 

I have seen some adult content made with such Pokémon game characters like Nurato. So, maybe it's got something to do with influencing the rating. I'm not really sure.