Register Now
StaceyPowers

Has anyone here ever regretted a preorder so much you won’t preorder again?

11 minutes ago, Heatman said:

The government have turned a blind eye to this acts for so long and I hardly think that their intervention now would make any difference. 

What government has to do here? There are least bothered about video games. The organisations like PEGI or ESRB should be held responsible. Afterall the games are Marketed globally. 

1 minute ago, Razor1911 said:

What government has to do here? There are least bothered about video games. The organisations like PEGI or ESRB should be held responsible. Afterall the games are Marketed globally. 

All of them have been massive failure at it that no one can easily point fingers at the other. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

All of them have been massive failure at it that no one can easily point fingers at the other. 

If the government has to intervene, then I guess in most of the progressive countries, the laws would have been strictly imposed. But since it's all about video games and stuffs, even govts are also taking it lightly, ignoring the fact that it effects the psychology of the kids and teenagers. 

The government has strict laws when it comes to creating an open gaming Hall and allow children to penetrate in, and play the game constantly. Such business owner will be queried when the parents of those children take up the matter to the police force, outlining that games have really carried his or her child away to forget cleaning up house chores and the rest other things lol. Surely the police will intervene and the owner of the gaming shop will face penalty when everything tabled against him is clear. 

51 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

The government has strict laws when it comes to creating an open gaming Hall and allow children to penetrate in, and play the game constantly. Such business owner will be queried when the parents of those children take up the matter to the police force, outlining that games have really carried his or her child away to forget cleaning up house chores and the rest other things lol. Surely the police will intervene and the owner of the gaming shop will face penalty when everything tabled against him is clear. 

But in our country, govt is totally ignorant of laws related to video games. If govt acts strictly, I am sure the rules can be imposed as per the guidelines. At this moment, even if ESRB or PEGI has rated some game 13+ , I have seen many kids under this age, buying and playing them, without any fear. 😆

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

The government have turned a blind eye to this acts for so long and I hardly think that their intervention now would make any difference. 

Not really - governments like Belgium have already started to act on companies like EA and the UK and other European countries are doing their own investigations so it's definitely gaining traction.

6 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

But in our country, govt is totally ignorant of laws related to video games. If govt acts strictly, I am sure the rules can be imposed as per the guidelines. At this moment, even if ESRB or PEGI has rated some game 13+ , I have seen many kids under this age, buying and playing them, without any fear. 😆

If an underage buy and play it privately their is no problem. But where buy an adult setting up a video game business simply allowing under age children crowding their daily, it will cause stir and mixed responses which will attract the police. 

18 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Yup. It's better to order after people have given good feedback. We shouldn't be too carried away with excitement. I know, many gamers can't wait for playing a game. But sometimes that decision may backfire too. 

Yes, we shouldn't rush to ordering without getting positive feedback about the game, if we do and eventually buy, and find out it's not what it is, it will be another waste of money for us. 

On 9/25/2021 at 11:17 AM, Razor1911 said:

If the government has to intervene, then I guess in most of the progressive countries, the laws would have been strictly imposed. But since it's all about video games and stuffs, even govts are also taking it lightly, ignoring the fact that it effects the psychology of the kids and teenagers. 

Exactly - There are far more so many other important things that require their immediate attention they are even yet to focus on. 

On 9/25/2021 at 6:18 PM, killamch89 said:

Not really - governments like Belgium have already started to act on companies like EA and the UK and other European countries are doing their own investigations so it's definitely gaining traction.

Yeah - it's something that's already happening in some European countries but it's only a few of them that are taking it seriously. 

I don't think government puts attention to the development of video games in those countries where most video game companies reside. I'll say govt are simply for taking tax from them that's all, no added opinion on how to improve especially now things aren't going well in some video game companies due to bad policy making. 

On 9/29/2021 at 1:05 AM, Head_Hunter said:

I don't think government puts attention to the development of video games in those countries where most video game companies reside. I'll say govt are simply for taking tax from them that's all, no added opinion on how to improve especially now things aren't going well in some video game companies due to bad policy making. 

Yeah - it's actually what most of them are after which is the money they can collect from those gaming companies all in the name of taxes.