Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games do you wish you could play, but can’t on your platform?

17 minutes ago, Boblee said:

That's interesting. It means that it can work with Steam since they run a streaming service? 

No, GeForce Now an entirely separate thing from Steam. You pay to subscribe to GeForce Now to gain access to a liberty of games that steam to your device, much like Netflix. Steam is a store front and game launch planform where you buy games then use Steam's software to gain access to Steams features and launch games from your own library of purchased games.

You did amazingly Shagger, to explain what's steam is all about, which isn't a streaming platform like Netflix, Ge Force Now, twitch etc. It's simply a video game shop where video games can be purchased online, including game cards etc, in order to access their own packed video games via our own gaming device. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's interesting. It means that it can work with Steam since they run a streaming service? 

It seems to be available to run on steam in the past but it was later removed for some reasons I'm not aware of. 

You can read more of it on Nvidia site. 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-general-chat/20/421134/steam-removed-from-geforce-now/

17 hours ago, Shagger said:

No, GeForce Now an entirely separate thing from Steam. You pay to subscribe to GeForce Now to gain access to a liberty of games that steam to your device, much like Netflix. Steam is a store front and game launch planform where you buy games then use Steam's software to gain access to Steams features and launch games from your own library of purchased games.

Thanks very much for this explanation, as it's cleared up everything I needed to know about GeForce even reading through the link you provided. 

On 10/21/2021 at 6:32 PM, Boblee said:

Yes although I'm not sure if it works with all Steam games. So what I did was I purchased ETS 2 and ATS on Steam. I did it a while back so can't remember if this is correct but I believe you just login with your Steam account and you can then stream the games in your Steam library.

16 hours ago, Darth said:

Yes although I'm not sure if it works with all Steam games. So what I did was I purchased ETS 2 and ATS on Steam. I did it a while back so can't remember if this is correct but I believe you just login with your Steam account and you can then stream the games in your Steam library.

I have come to the conclusion on how best to do know which is which would be for me to set up an account on GeForce and see what works. 

For a specific title: Persona 5. It almost makes me want a PS4. In general though, I'd give up body parts to see ATLUS start supporting PCs. They're one of the last major holdouts who just aren't interested, and it's a real shame, particularly considering that Steam has opened up Japanese PC games to a much larger audience than they had a few years ago.

Even thought about seeing if there was a software that you can run on your windows to play PS4 games.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:30 PM, Heatman said:

It seems to be available to run on steam in the past but it was later removed for some reasons I'm not aware of. 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-general-chat/20/421134/steam-removed-from-geforce-now/

According to the information on the page from the link you provided, the users are already expressing their challenges with it as it's no longer available. 

On 10/21/2021 at 11:30 PM, Heatman said:

That's a pretty old forum post and I believe the issue has been fixed now. If you check out their Games list on the GeForce Now site, you should be able to see a lot of games that are streamed using your Steam account which is a pretty good sign - https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce-now/games/

1 hour ago, Darth said:

That's a pretty old forum post and I believe the issue has been fixed now. If you check out their Games list on the GeForce Now site, you should be able to see a lot of games that are streamed using your Steam account which is a pretty good sign - https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce-now/games/

I'm checking that out right away. If they did updated that and made it compatible, it's good initiative from their end. 

On 10/24/2021 at 10:56 PM, Boblee said:

UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy is one game that I'm playing and enjoying on PS4 which I'm craving for on PC. It's only $9.99 on PS Store. 

I love PC games because they aren't all that expensive compared to what we are seeing around PS4 console and PS5 or Xbox one, series X and Ninetendo switch. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I love PC games because they aren't all that expensive compared to what we are seeing around PS4 console and PS5 or Xbox one, series X and Ninetendo switch. 

Are you sure about that because I don't think same with what I have seen so far with the cost of games on both PC and consoles?