Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games with punishing but satisfying combat?

Mass Effect trilogy on insanity difficulty. (Although I hear the legendary edition is made easier, I haven't played that yet)

Ghost Recon Wildlands / Breakpoint on extreme

Far Cry 1 on realistic

DeusEx on realistic

Max Payne 1-2

Crysis 1-2, Warhead

Basically any game I completed on hard difficulty, because if its not satisfying I turn it down, if it still isn't I quit playing that game.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:52 PM, StaceyPowers said:

What are some games that feature really punishing/exhausting combat that still leaves you with a sense of satisfaction and having really earned your successes?

There are few of them but the ones that stood out in a very drastic and unique way are ;

Dark Souls 1 and 2

Bloodborne 

Contra 1987

Super Meat Boy 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

I'm going to choose The Last of Us I & II because of the combat fighting system used in the game which is melee fights. Also, I'm never going to exclude Dark Souls and God of War. 

The same Melee combat system is also used in Dark Souls and it's one hell of a game battle system that thrills most gamers that get into it. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Modern combat 5, it's my preferred option when it comes to an action FPS game with difficult levels but very much entertaining. 

I haven't seen this FPS game before now. I'd like to know more about it and the gaming platform it's available on. 

13 hours ago, Boblee said:

I haven't seen this FPS game before now. I'd like to know more about it and the gaming platform it's available on. 

Modern combat V' is an FPS Gameloft developed video game, mainly on iOS and Android phones compatibility. 

55 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Modern combat V' is an FPS Gameloft developed video game, mainly on iOS and Android phones compatibility. 

I actually guessed that it might be only on mobile gaming platforms which was why I wasn't familiar with it. How's its gameplay like? 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

I actually guessed that it might be only on mobile gaming platforms which was why I wasn't familiar with it. How's its gameplay like? 

Yeah, your guess is right. At the moment the gameplay via my Tecno phone isn't bad. It's a first person's shooter game, where your target is to halt the terrorists and move past missions.  I am still on level two with the game. 

On 11/1/2021 at 5:17 PM, Justin11 said:

Yeah, your guess is right. At the moment the gameplay via my Tecno phone isn't bad. It's a first person's shooter game, where your target is to halt the terrorists and move past missions.  I am still on level two with the game. 

Isn't Tecno too poor in terms of RAM space in order to offer a good gaming experience? What's the specs of your Tecno phone?