Register Now
StaceyPowers

Walking/running speeds in open world games

In some games the walking speed is as fast or faster than running in reality. I'm not a fan of walking either way. I think the solution to the walking problem in opeen world games are vehicles, or mounts whichever is appropriate. Yes, I'm looking at you bethesda, thank god you can't walk in space, or can you?

On 10/28/2021 at 10:03 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Running speeds in most open world games are, I’m pretty sure, unrealistically fast, even when not sprinting. Yet “walking” speeds often feel like I’m crawling through molasses. What are your feelings about this? Which games offer the most comfortable speeds?

I think that the pace in The Last Of Us is something that's balanced from my experience with playing both the first and second part of the game. 

They make the speeds crazy. I like it when you can control the character speed by how hard or gently you use the button; walk slow, or fast, or run. But when all they do is run around like a hamster on crack, it's so hard just to get through a door or go up a ladder/stairs. That should be an option to decide how your character walks and runs in customization. 

I like when my character is at least fast. I hate having stamina in games. I wish it could be like fortnite where it's running all the time if you want to. I know realism comes in play, but I don't always want games to be realistic to the point where you can't run a mile in game like in real life.

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I like when my character is at least fast. I hate having stamina in games. I wish it could be like fortnite where it's running all the time if you want to. I know realism comes in play, but I don't always want games to be realistic to the point where you can't run a mile in game like in real life.

When they are too fast, it's definitely going to be very difficult and challenging when it comes to being able to control them well. 

On 3/30/2022 at 7:41 PM, Family sedan said:

When it comes to control in a basketball game, I'm more worried about spin moves.  You can think you have it right and still spin your player out of bounds.

I never really get into playing basketball games, I just see it being a lagging game. I know it is tagged NBA 2K games.