Register Now
Kane99

Think real gambling will come to gaming soon?

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, with the pace these companies are getting at with their use of loot boxes and microtransactions, it wouldn't take too long for them to embrace gambling in games full time. 

They are simply heading towards such direction of joining the team 'gambling. Because the looting through micro-transactions is becoming too much. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I think it's becoming addicted to them, changing such policy will really take time, only by grace before they can revert back to normal and stop looting. 

They will definitely embrace the inclusion of active gambling in their games sooner than later as they already did with the use of loot boxes. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

They will definitely embrace the inclusion of active gambling in their games sooner than later as they already did with the use of loot boxes. 

Hmm, such is baffling, because I wouldn't know what to brand any video game company that will allow gambling to be around it's video game series. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Hmm, such is baffling, because I wouldn't know what to brand any video game company that will allow gambling to be around it's video game series. 

They are already doing it with microtransactions and loot boxes, so it's not anything surprising to me at all. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

To some extent, a good number of gamers would actually like the idea because of how it's going to offer the opportunity to make real money from their play. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

To some extent, a good number of gamers would actually like the idea because of how it's going to offer the opportunity to make real money from their play. 

Most of them will be moved by such additional feature if it is added. But for me, video game isn't gambling site, they are simply video games, seeing gambling entering into it, is disastrous. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, I would also consider it as well since games would have a better rating review now for those that can play it. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Most of them will be moved by such additional feature if it is added. But for me, video game isn't gambling site, they are simply video games, seeing gambling entering into it, is disastrous. 

The video games company actually adding a gambling feature to their games is probably trying to make gamers feel relaxed about their usage of microtransaction and loot boxes as the company features going to a afford game the opportunity to make money from the game.

I think it's a very real possibility. Between legislation being slow as molasses when it comes to gambling innovations in the digital age and the video games industry getting away with tons of tax avoidance, it's the perfect climate for gambling - as is typically known, as I too think loot crates are very much proper gambling - to become reality. A profitable, untaxed reality. What's going to change between Hawaiian state representative Chris Lee saying "it's a trap" and, say, 12 months after this old style gambling is added to video games? Nothing. At least not in the UK or the US.

4 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

I think it's a very real possibility. Between legislation being slow as molasses when it comes to gambling innovations in the digital age and the video games industry getting away with tons of tax avoidance, it's the perfect climate for gambling - as is typically known, as I too think loot crates are very much proper gambling - to become reality. A profitable, untaxed reality. What's going to change between Hawaiian state representative Chris Lee saying "it's a trap" and, say, 12 months after this old style gambling is added to video games? Nothing. At least not in the UK or the US.

I have a very good feeling that US based video games companies would most likely embrace the gambling concept quickly than others. 

It's hard to believe they would add a gambling feature in games. Most likely they will have an outside account they have to register for in order to gamble, but able to see betting stats in the game, which won't show up in the game if you aren't registered. That way kids will have nothing to do with it. They are just plain crazy if they don't with lots of lawsuits. 

17 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

It's hard to believe they would add a gambling feature in games. Most likely they will have an outside account they have to register for in order to gamble, but able to see betting stats in the game, which won't show up in the game if you aren't registered. That way kids will have nothing to do with it. They are just plain crazy if they don't with lots of lawsuits. 

Definitely, kids wouldn't have access to a lot of games once they make it official to incorporate gambling in games. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

The video games company actually adding a gambling feature to their games is probably trying to make gamers feel relaxed about their usage of microtransaction and loot boxes as the company features going to a afford game the opportunity to make money from the game.

I really can't feel relaxed seeing gambling around video games because it isn't the arrangement around video games. Video games are simply for entertainment and not a property of gambling.