Register Now
StaceyPowers

What existing video game series do you think will still be around in 50 years?

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

The truth is that it's likely obvious that EA is about to add Battlefield series to one of its killed off series franchise like Dead Space and Dungeon Keeper. 

Seriously, Dungeon Keeper is one game's series that EA killed off in a way that still freaks me out with a lot of pains. 

On 1/30/2022 at 10:55 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously, that's what gets frustrating for me with playing FIFA games. Because it's always too rushed to come out each, they don't get excellent with its making. 

FIFA games lacked the cutting edge of a realistic video game. It's owners aren't even doing what gonna put the game back to top video game, and satisfying it's players. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

FIFA games lacked the cutting edge of a realistic video game. It's owners aren't even doing what gonna put the game back to top video game, and satisfying it's players. 

What do you mean by FIFA lacked the cutting edge of a realistic video game? It's not like their game's aren't good graphically. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I think that what they lacked in their making of FIFA games was creativity and uniqueness. It's all they missed out on because they get to remake the game every year. 

Honestly, in 50 years, a lot could change. Mario as popular as it has been for years, could be gone in the next 50 years. We don't know. That's the sad truth of the future, is that nothing is definite and anything can happen. Call of Duty could last longer, but I suspect people are going to get tired eventually and will drop off and in turn the series will go away. 

It could happen to Mario as well. We don't know what Nintendo will be like in the next 50 years. 50 years sounds like a small amount, but that's half a person's lifetime, if they're lucky. 50 years is a long time, and considering Nintendo has only been involved with the gaming industry for probably over 40 years now, that's just the beginning. What could 50 years later look like? 

The landscape could be vastly different. Games could take a hiatus and go away, some might stick around. Who's to say. But it's interesting to think about. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Honestly, in 50 years, a lot could change. Mario as popular as it has been for years, could be gone in the next 50 years. We don't know. That's the sad truth of the future, is that nothing is definite and anything can happen. Call of Duty could last longer, but I suspect people are going to get tired eventually and will drop off and in turn the series will go away. 

It could happen to Mario as well. We don't know what Nintendo will be like in the next 50 years. 50 years sounds like a small amount, but that's half a person's lifetime, if they're lucky. 50 years is a long time, and considering Nintendo has only been involved with the gaming industry for probably over 40 years now, that's just the beginning. What could 50 years later look like? 

The landscape could be vastly different. Games could take a hiatus and go away, some might stick around. Who's to say. But it's interesting to think about. 

The truth of the matter is that as for me, I don't see past the use of VR in video games for now. The future is simply too hard for me to look into but definitely there would be some serious changes. 

23 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The future will always be better than what we have now in gaming and 50 years is even too long in my eyes. We should have something more robust in 10 to 20 years time. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

The future will always be better than what we have now in gaming and 50 years is even too long in my eyes. We should have something more robust in 10 to 20 years time. 

I do very well agree with you on this one about 50 years being too long for that to happen. Add 50 years to my age how, I might be dead by the time. 

On 2/2/2022 at 10:20 AM, Heatman said:

What do you mean by FIFA lacked the cutting edge of a realistic video game? It's not like their game's aren't good graphically. 

What I mean is that, FIFA games aren't realistic like the real football games. The gameplay overall is poor, if you're doing slide tackle in-game, you'll find it so difficult being successful against AI, marking is poor too. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

What I mean is that, FIFA games aren't realistic like the real football games. The gameplay overall is poor, if you're doing slide tackle in-game, you'll find it so difficult being successful against AI, marking is poor too. 

It's definitely going to take a very long time for them to achieve 100% replication on real life games and what goes on in video games. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's definitely going to take a very long time for them to achieve 100% replication on real life games and what goes on in video games. 

I understand, it wouldn't be possible for the video game companies to achieve such kind of benchmark of making perfect games like the one we have real life. 

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, I'm not sure if it's something they would arrive at eventually, especially if it's an EA game. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I'm not sure if it's something they would arrive at eventually, especially if it's an EA game. 

If they actually want to do it, it's something that they can afford because money isn't their problem but it's not their priority. 

4 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

EA care about making games, they never cared making it look wonderful for perfect user's experience. Their battlefield series recently is disappointing just like FIFA series. 

I actually thought that FIFA 2022 was your favorite video game for now..? How is the game already disappointing for you?