Register Now
Kane99

Do you prefer a game to be historically accurate?

42 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Does it really matter if games are historically accurate? Or that they are well structured with good content in a way that you can't get enough of what you want to do in it? 

There is nothing wrong with having the games historically accurate and also well structured with good content in a way that you can't get enough of it. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

There is nothing wrong with having the games historically accurate and also well structured with good content in a way that you can't get enough of it. 

That's very true as well. It's not a bad thing or big deal for gamers to ask for a perfect game. We have been screwed for far too long. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's very true as well. It's not a bad thing or big deal for gamers to ask for a perfect game. We have been screwed for far too long. 

Seriously, we really do deserve to have such a good game once in a while, it's not too much to ask for in my opinion too. 

Depends on the graphical fidelity of the game. and also what the game is all about and whatnot. I love games like Verdun, Red Orchestra, the napoleonic mount and blade. I don't care about this whole race or gender outrage, more concerned with accuracy in settings, items, mechanics, etc. It's not for everyone but for me I'll tolerate tediousness or frustrating in exchange for a much more immersive experience.

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Depends on the graphical fidelity of the game. and also what the game is all about and whatnot. I love games like Verdun, Red Orchestra, the napoleonic mount and blade. I don't care about this whole race or gender outrage, more concerned with accuracy in settings, items, mechanics, etc. It's not for everyone but for me I'll tolerate tediousness or frustrating in exchange for a much more immersive experience.

Graphics excellence is very important for me by all means necessary because of how good it makes the games to be dully appreciated. 

It all depends on the game. For example 1943 on NES is a WW2 game. For it, it needs to be historically accurate, or the game just doesn't work. Then there's games like RDR2, that take place in 1899. It is somewhat accurate for the time, but not entirely. And that works just fine for it.

Most games need a little bit of accuracy for the time they're related to. Very few need to be historically accurate, as very few are based around a historical event.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

It all depends on the game. For example 1943 on NES is a WW2 game. For it, it needs to be historically accurate, or the game just doesn't work. Then there's games like RDR2, that take place in 1899. It is somewhat accurate for the time, but not entirely. And that works just fine for it.

Most games need a little bit of accuracy for the time they're related to. Very few need to be historically accurate, as very few are based around a historical event.

For sure. As long as it is in the proper setting, it should be fine. We can always mess around with history, that's the beauty in video games. Games like Assassin's Creed introduce real people from the past, in made up scenarios, but that's okay, because it's meant to heighten a game. And honestly, we probably shouldn't be looking to video games for world history. It's good to be accurate, but it also doesn't need to be unless it's meant to be a historic rendition. 

Games like COD, take liberties these days, so I wouldn't count their games are truth, but a lot of them do have true aspects of them. Or I should say, at least with the online portions, because a lot of these games have red dot sights when they didn't exist during the time. 

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I do agree with you on this that some games would definitely have to be historically accurate for it to make sense, otherwise it's going to be a total waste of time. 

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

L.A. Noire is one Rockstar game that's very historically accurate and for the fact its an open world game gave it a good narrative. 

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

Graphics excellence is very important for me by all means necessary because of how good it makes the games to be dully appreciated. 

Indeed, that's why I fly MSFS2020 far more then P3D and you can tell why by looking at the both sims. 

On 12/16/2021 at 9:24 AM, Heatman said:

Graphics for me aren't that important. As long as it doesn't hurt my eyes, and I can play without much fuss, I will be happy with the end result. Now, if the graphics are a major downgrade and make it hard to sit through, then yeah, I'd hope for a graphic update at least. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

L.A. Noire is one Rockstar game that's very historically accurate and for the fact its an open world game gave it a good narrative. 

I never really got to play that game L.A. Noire even though I have come across it on my friend's console on more than one occasion. 

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

I never really got to play that game L.A. Noire even though I have come across it on my friend's console on more than one occasion. 

L.A. Noire is a solid crime noire, I highly recommend it if you like games where you can investigate and solve crimes. It also has a really decent story. Also, it's fun messing around and getting the bad prompts from people you interrogate. I really need to replay it here soon.