Register Now
Kane99

Do you prefer a game to be historically accurate?

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

There is actually nothing wrong with having video games to be historically accurate because it adds more realness to the game. 

That's why I love those video games that emanated from the movie scenes. Like, God of war, MK, DMC, God of the ring, Gladiator, etc. Most of them.sre simply historical accurate. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

Vietcong is the video game about Vietnam war and everything that happened in the war being replicated in the game. 

That's tremendous to hear bro, I am happy you answered swiftly. Which means, the game is historical inclined? since it is based and narrated according to past history events. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's tremendous to hear bro, I am happy you answered swiftly. Which means, the game is historical inclined? since it is based and narrated according to past history events. 

Yeah exactly, it's how the game Vietcong was setup and developed. It's a big history game lesson. 

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It's actually been a very long time since I played the game. If it's not that I'm familiar with the Vietnam 🇻🇳 War, I would have forgotten everything about the game. 

Personally, it depends on the type of game and if they're marketing it as historically accurate. For instance, if a company says the game is based on an actual event in history and we have objects like modern day cellphones in-game, I'll be turned off because the publishers deceived me. However, if it was a what-if scenario or fantasy, I couldn't care less what they want to do as long as it makes sense in the context of that gaming world.

7 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Personally, it depends on the type of game and if they're marketing it as historically accurate. For instance, if a company says the game is based on an actual event in history and we have objects like modern day cellphones in-game, I'll be turned off because the publishers deceived me. However, if it was a what-if scenario or fantasy, I couldn't care less what they want to do as long as it makes sense in the context of that gaming world.

I think that you have a very good point because when they say something is like this, it's supposed to be like that, otherwise is not true anymore. 

22 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I think that you have a very good point because when they say something is like this, it's supposed to be like that, otherwise is not true anymore. 

And the worrying thing is a lot of gaming companies love deceiving/misleading their fans and when they face backlash, the act like they're victims instead of owning up to their scummy actions.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

And the worrying thing is a lot of gaming companies love deceiving/misleading their fans and when they face backlash, the act like they're victims instead of owning up to their scummy actions.

They never really do man up for any reason whatsoever. Look at what happened with Activision-Blizzard. Did they man up or do anything.. Nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Heatman said:

They never really do man up for any reason whatsoever. Look at what happened with Activision-Blizzard. Did they man up or do anything.. Nothing. 

It's the same thing with Battlefield V - they marketed it as historically accurate and yet they had some woman with a robotic arm fighting in WW2. Totally unrealistic.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

It's the same thing with Battlefield V - they marketed it as historically accurate and yet they had some woman with a robotic arm fighting in WW2. Totally unrealistic.

Now, would you look at what the Battlefield franchise have been over for years. Look at how Battlefield 2042 panned out as trash. 

18 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Now, would you look at what the Battlefield franchise have been over for years. Look at how Battlefield 2042 panned out as trash. 

Exactly my point - prior to Battlefield V, I was a huge Battlefield fan but after the last two games, I'm not going anywhere near it until they make a far better game.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Exactly my point - prior to Battlefield V, I was a huge Battlefield fan but after the last two games, I'm not going anywhere near it until they make a far better game.

I even had the opportunity of getting at least 3 copies of the game for free but I had to turn them down completely because I know it's not worth it.