Register Now
Kane99

Insider Warns Fans That Grand Theft Auto 6 Could Be 'Disappointing'

Gamerant has an interesting article here - https://gamerant.com/grand-theft-auto-6-disappointing-bad-rumor-leak/ About someone who leaked some details about GTA 6. What he said was that people don't understand how chaotic development has been for the game so far. And that if the game happens to be announced this year or in 2022, then we can really be worried. 

I think what is being implied here, is that development may be struggling to make the game fans really want, and if it's coming out sooner than we expected, we may be in for some problems. As well, it's rumored that the game won't be as funny or edgy, which many fans are worried about. It doesn't help that the political climate is starting to change shows and movies, so now it's starting to make its way into video games. Are you worried that GTA 6 will be a let down? 

That's interesting to hear that the game might not be as funny and edgy because that is exactly what I love about GTA5. The brilliant satire makes me laugh more than any game and just makes it really fun. So if they do away with that kind of humor, then GTA6 becomes drama oriented. It would make sense to be careful in this political climate for GTA6, but funny political satire is what we all can laugh about and see how crazy we all are displayed in a game, in the extreme satire of course. That's why I say GTA 5 is one of the best games out there I've ever played because to me the satire is brilliant. But I say GTA 5 is hard to beat in that sense so they might as well go with a new formula. 

By my count there have actually been 9 GTA games release thus far. I don't know the order of release but,

1) Grand Theft Auto
2) Grand Theft Auto III
3) Grand Theft Auto IV
4) Grand Theft Auto V
5) Chinatown Wars
6) The Lost And Damned
7) Liberty City
8.) San Andreas
9) Vice City

After so many entries (correct me if I'm wrong on any of that) a series typically starts to get stale. I mean, look at what's happened to TLOZ and Castlevania. Castlevania had a couple flops on PS3 and to my knowledge hasn't been seen since. And Zelda BOTW, while successful, wasn't nearly as popular as Nintendo had hoped. Which is why they released BOTW2 so quickly.

Now, I don't play GTA, as it never appealed to me. I've tried a few entries and they just weren't my thing. But I am somewhat observant, and after the massive success and popularity of GTA V, I don't think Rockstar will be able to top it. In my opinion, they should go out on top and be done with the series. Many will say I'm an idiot on that, but I feel the same way about TLOZ. But Nintendo will never drop that one either. The most successful series are huge money makers, so they stay with them. It's one of the reasons some people buy FIFA every year. Many say there's not a damn bit of difference, but they still keep buying it.

I view these kinds of articles as attention seeking.

Either say something concrete or stfu. This coy "oh, you'll be disappointed" is asinine.

What it really means is  "I pretend to know something big, to boost my ego", lowest form of tabloid journalism.

17 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

That's interesting to hear that the game might not be as funny and edgy because that is exactly what I love about GTA5. The brilliant satire makes me laugh more than any game and just makes it really fun. So if they do away with that kind of humor, then GTA6 becomes drama oriented. It would make sense to be careful in this political climate for GTA6, but funny political satire is what we all can laugh about and see how crazy we all are displayed in a game, in the extreme satire of course. That's why I say GTA 5 is one of the best games out there I've ever played because to me the satire is brilliant. But I say GTA 5 is hard to beat in that sense so they might as well go with a new formula. 

I thought GTA V was funny and edgy enough, but I started to notice with each new release, it started to become more serious and stripped out the comedy a bit more. GTA IV was first to go serious, but it still had that GTA humor. But with GTA V, I started to realize they were getting even more serious and less comedic. There was still funny moments, Trevor was mostly the comedic portion of the game, but I kinda found him to be annoying after a while. 

But with how this political climate has changed the past 8 years, GTA VI could be a way different experience for all we know. We'll see though. 

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

By my count there have actually been 9 GTA games release thus far. I don't know the order of release but,

1) Grand Theft Auto
2) Grand Theft Auto III
3) Grand Theft Auto IV
4) Grand Theft Auto V
5) Chinatown Wars
6) The Lost And Damned
7) Liberty City
8.) San Andreas
9) Vice City

After so many entries (correct me if I'm wrong on any of that) a series typically starts to get stale. I mean, look at what's happened to TLOZ and Castlevania. Castlevania had a couple flops on PS3 and to my knowledge hasn't been seen since. And Zelda BOTW, while successful, wasn't nearly as popular as Nintendo had hoped. Which is why they released BOTW2 so quickly.

Now, I don't play GTA, as it never appealed to me. I've tried a few entries and they just weren't my thing. But I am somewhat observant, and after the massive success and popularity of GTA V, I don't think Rockstar will be able to top it. In my opinion, they should go out on top and be done with the series. Many will say I'm an idiot on that, but I feel the same way about TLOZ. But Nintendo will never drop that one either. The most successful series are huge money makers, so they stay with them. It's one of the reasons some people buy FIFA every year. Many say there's not a damn bit of difference, but they still keep buying it.

You forgot GTA II, and I think London 1969, but I wouldn't count that necessarily as it's said to be an expansion pack for GTA1. There was also the PSP games, Liberty City Stories and I think they did a Vice City Stories game as well. Those were re-released 

The Lost and Damned was DLC for GTA IV, along with the Ballad of Gay Tony DLC. But they did release the two together as a separate set where you didn't need the base game. 

And you are right, the series has gotten quite stale. I never played the top down versions of the game, but the 3D games that came after I did. GTA III is one of my favorites, mainly because it was my first experience with GTA, then Vice City came along and I fell in love with that. Then San Andreas, I think that's when I started to feel the fatigue. I played it once, and lost the save file due to a demo disc that corrupted the save, and I had to replay it. After that, I kinda just got tired out. GTA IV came along, and I started to see it even more. I'd do the missions, complete the game, and I rarely came back to it. GTA V became much of the same thing. Which is why I don't really play it all that often anymore. In fact, last time I played GTA V, was quite a while back. 

If they can top RDR1 in scope and style with RDR2, they can easily do the same for the next GTA. I think they will have to innovate on the game a lot more though, because we've been through so many GTA games as it is, that I think they need to make the best looking game, with the best features the series has ever seen. As well, they need to change the gameplay up a bit, or refine it a bit. The controls in recent GTA and RDR games have been kinda weighty at times. 

4 hours ago, m76 said:

I view these kinds of articles as attention seeking.

Either say something concrete or stfu. This coy "oh, you'll be disappointed" is asinine.

What it really means is  "I pretend to know something big, to boost my ego", lowest form of tabloid journalism.

Oh that is clearly what this guy is doing, but if it's true, it's good to know what we may be getting, because I'd hate to see GTA change too much either. This guys has supposedly leaked a lot of other stuff in the past that turned out to be true. I think he may be working with Rockstar, or he's got a person feeding him details. Or he could outright be lying for all we know. 

I really want to ignore these types of articles but knowing that some of the masterminds behind the previous GTA titles have left Rockstar, it does concern me a tiny bit. I still trust them to deliver a masterpiece but there is a part of me that is nervous. Hopefully, all those concerns will vanish the moment we see the first trailer (one day)!

27 minutes ago, Darth said:

I really want to ignore these types of articles but knowing that some of the masterminds behind the previous GTA titles have left Rockstar, it does concern me a tiny bit. I still trust them to deliver a masterpiece but there is a part of me that is nervous. Hopefully, all those concerns will vanish the moment we see the first trailer (one day)!

In recent years though, a lot of the people leaking stuff has been true. I am nervous as well, because it sounds like they aren't close to being done, and if released soon, people may be disappointed. What I think I'm most worried about, is that they will half-ass the story and online will be where most of, or all of their time will be devoted to. 

And that's what they will probably end up doing, considering that GTA Online is their hot seller. Without GTA Online, they probably wouldn't be updating so much. And other people are worried that it will be online only, even the single player. I hope that rumor is not true. 

45 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

You forgot GTA II, and I think London 1969, but I wouldn't count that necessarily as it's said to be an expansion pack for GTA1. There was also the PSP games, Liberty City Stories and I think they did a Vice City Stories game as well. Those were re-released 

The Lost and Damned was DLC for GTA IV, along with the Ballad of Gay Tony DLC. But they did release the two together as a separate set where you didn't need the base game. 

And you are right, the series has gotten quite stale. I never played the top down versions of the game, but the 3D games that came after I did. GTA III is one of my favorites, mainly because it was my first experience with GTA, then Vice City came along and I fell in love with that. Then San Andreas, I think that's when I started to feel the fatigue. I played it once, and lost the save file due to a demo disc that corrupted the save, and I had to replay it. After that, I kinda just got tired out. GTA IV came along, and I started to see it even more. I'd do the missions, complete the game, and I rarely came back to it. GTA V became much of the same thing. Which is why I don't really play it all that often anymore. In fact, last time I played GTA V, was quite a while back. 

If they can top RDR1 in scope and style with RDR2, they can easily do the same for the next GTA. I think they will have to innovate on the game a lot more though, because we've been through so many GTA games as it is, that I think they need to make the best looking game, with the best features the series has ever seen. As well, they need to change the gameplay up a bit, or refine it a bit. The controls in recent GTA and RDR games have been kinda weighty at times.

They weren't on my list because I honestly had to do a google search to find the titles, which caused me to end up at wikipedia and they weren't even on the list. I just took the games that were listed there. I don't know anything about how many games have been released in the series or what their names are. I did think it weird that there wasn't a GTA II, but just assumed that one of them with a special title like Vise City or San Andreas came out between GTA and GTA3 and it was counted as GTA2.

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

They weren't on my list because I honestly had to do a google search to find the titles, which caused me to end up at wikipedia and they weren't even on the list. I just took the games that were listed there. I don't know anything about how many games have been released in the series or what their names are. I did think it weird that there wasn't a GTA II, but just assumed that one of them with a special title like Vise City or San Andreas came out between GTA and GTA3 and it was counted as GTA2.

Seems like you took the list of controversies from the wiki page, you have to scroll down a bit for the list of actual games and expansion packs.

I don't care about what this "leaker" says.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, untill there is an official announcement from 2K and/or Rockstar, this game does NOT exist. GTA6 is just a hashtag for asshole's desperate for clicks and any "leaks" are a total waste of time.

Edited by Crazycrab

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I don't care about what this "leaker" says.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, untill there is an official announcement from 2K and/or Rockstar, this game does NOT exist. GTA6 is just a hashtag for asshole's desperate for clicks and any "leaks" are a total waste of time.

I've said the same thing about a possible RDR3. There has been a lot of speculation and supposed "leaks" about it, but there hasn't even been a hint from Rockstar as to whether they're even considering making one or not. I've mused as to whether they would go to continuing from the end or RDR1 or a prequel to RDR2. It's an interesting thing to think about, but until there's an official announcement from Rockstar, it exists nowhere and in no way, except in the fantasies of our own minds.

When there's an announcement, then I'm going to begin really getting into the conversation of speculating what it will be. Until then everything is just wishful thinking.