Register Now
Kane99

Do you like to sometimes stand when gaming?

57 minutes ago, Darth said:

Not often. I have done it a few times when I'm playing FIFA and the game goes to penalties. When you're playing against other users, it can become quite stressful so standing up for a bit whilst it goes on makes sense sometimes.

You're there, I've done that couple of times too playing PES and FIFA in the past, especially when the game enters into penalties with my play mates, lol. 

3 hours ago, Darth said:

Not often. I have done it a few times when I'm playing FIFA and the game goes to penalties. When you're playing against other users, it can become quite stressful so standing up for a bit whilst it goes on makes sense sometimes.

As far as I'm concerned, it's definitely going to be near impossible for one to play for 3 hours or more without standing up to play. Your ass isn't glued on the chair. 

7 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Only when I got to drop a deuce. My gaming chair is a toilet.. aahhh hahahaha

Lol, do you dificate inside your gaming chair? Is it built like the way secondary toilets appear like the way airlines were built? Which enabled you to game and never feel bothered about feeling discomfort when you want to release some waste in your system xD 😄😄

4 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Lol, do you dificate inside your gaming chair? Is it built like the way secondary toilets appear like the way airlines were built? Which enabled you to game and never feel bothered about feeling discomfort when you want to release some waste in your system xD 😄😄

Just throw down some peat moss and hay and I'm ready to game like an animal. 😆

On 12/24/2021 at 9:19 PM, Justin11 said:

You're there, I've done that couple of times too playing PES and FIFA in the past, especially when the game enters into penalties with my play mates, lol. 

Seriously, there is no way you would expect me to sit down comfortably when a match gets to penalties. The pressure alone would keep me on my toes. 

8 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, there is no way you would expect me to sit down comfortably when a match gets to penalties. The pressure alone would keep me on my toes. 

Such reminded me how José Mourinho then Real Madrid coach knelt down begging his RMA team to beat FC Bayern Munich, but at the end it didn't work out, Bayern prevailed in the penalty shoot out. Penalty is full of anxiety, you can behave like a kid simply to emerge victorious, due to luck surrounding it. 

Edited by Justin11

On 12/23/2021 at 1:11 AM, o-o said:

Nope I don't. I'm really focused when playing so I'm sitting the whole time

You mustn't be playing for too long because if you do, you would definitely be forced to stand up once in a while in intervals. 

On 12/24/2021 at 7:44 PM, Withywarlock said:

Now that you mention it, I really would prefer to play standing more often. I only really play with a keyboard and mouse and my IKEA desk isn't fancy enough to rise or anything (well, unless I fiddle with the knobs under the legs... ooh matron). Should I end up getting Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, then I'll use a controller to play it and I will most certainly be standing every now and again for that one.

It's actually a very common thing to stand up for me when it comes to playing games. I don't even know when it happens most of the time. 

On 12/24/2021 at 7:28 AM, Empire said:

Eh, why not just squeeze a 30min workout into your day? Would work far more better than gaming standing up. I do graphic design and I sit for most of the day, I work from home and take a break every 2hrs or so and do a little stretching and lift a little weights. If being healthier is what you're concerned about, maybe check out the fitness subreddit.

Yeah true. I'm mainly referring to those who don't usually take breaks. Ones who will stay gaming for long hours. 

Working out is great though, and would probably be the best option overall. But for those who aren't normally working out, getting up for a break is recommended. Idk how well they'd do standing up, but it could be the start of getting healthier too. 

On 12/25/2021 at 11:36 PM, Heatman said:

You mustn't be playing for too long because if you do, you would definitely be forced to stand up once in a while in intervals. 

When my buttocks pains me a lot from sitting down too much or should I have a cramp, I'm definitely standing up. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

When my buttocks pains me a lot from sitting down too much or should I have a cramp, I'm definitely standing up. 

Seriously, the cramps can be a killer most of the time for me. I do get that all the time especially when I play games for long. 

15 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, the cramps can be a killer most of the time for me. I do get that all the time especially when I play games for long. 

I even had arthritis at one point in time and it really affected me sitting down too long when playing games. 

Just now, StormyFire said:

I tried standing while gaming, but I didn't think it felt quite right. To me, playing games is supposed to be relaxing. Standing changed that somehow. ^^

I don't get to start out standing while playing but there would be a point in time when pressure would get you to stand up. 

I'm probably one of the few people who liked the move controllers on the PS3, and with that it was much preferable to stand. Playing Heavy Rain, with the move was a much more immersive experience. it was such a disappointment that they already dropped move support for Beyond two Souls.