Jump to content
Register Now
StaceyPowers

Have you ever played against a famous esports player?

Recommended Posts

Nope, I have never played against an esports player. I would give it a try I suppose, but I doubt I'd win against them. I don't even know if I would try to join an esports league or join a tournament. I can see myself having too much pressure to do an event like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2022 at 12:06 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Have you ever played against a famous esports player? Did you win or lose? How fast did the match go?

Alot, yes. I wouldn't call them famous though. Many of them are rather disrespectful, and I never really cared how the public viewed them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Alot, yes. I wouldn't call them famous though. Many of them are rather disrespectful, and I never really cared how the public viewed them.

Do you ever deal with players who like to argue and talk smack? I can see a lot of these esports leagues having players who act high and mighty and act as if they're the best players around. I have a friend who has that mentality and he thinks he's one of the best gamers out there. Always cringe when people proclaim they're the best. Bugs me so much lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Do you ever deal with players who like to argue and talk smack? I can see a lot of these esports leagues having players who act high and mighty and act as if they're the best players around. I have a friend who has that mentality and he thinks he's one of the best gamers out there. Always cringe when people proclaim they're the best. Bugs me so much lol. 

Yeah they all talk smack; it's part of the game. Ever watch pro-Hockey? That's all they do is fight and talk smack. If the mics were hot in pro-football, you would hear the smack talk constantly. It's not different with e-sports or online gaming. There's females watching the stuff, and some of the dudes literally want to discredit you, ruin your life, and embarrass you for the rest of your life on the internet. That's how ruthless the sports industry is and just how it works. I have been blessed to get the better end of the deal and rack up 56 competitive gaming #1 ranks and a bunch of world records, so I'm satisfied, but still going for more.

 

That's what I said in the other topic: Alot of the WORLD CLASS level stuff, not just casual or mid-tier e-sports or physical athletics, is psychology, mind games and head games. The head games destroy some people, or kind of how a Triple H, Brock Lesnar or a top WWE/Pro Wrestler walks out to the ring as a heel in the arena with all the fans booing and smack talk; it literally just rolls off their back.

 

And that's not a saying, it really does just mean nothing to them. Their mentality is entirely different in the WWE. They adore their fans, and they are there, as well as paid, to entertain the people that they appreciate. So they are obviously very large and tough men (that often know how to fight or grapple for real), who happen to be very convincing actors. So they just act like a bad guy and understand that they are working up the crowd intentionally.

 

E-Sports isn't identical to that metaphor, but you can have the same level of very nasty hatred, even when you're a great person. Sometimes smack talk is actually a legitimate technique that can be used to break down your opponent mentally as you're engaging them, which gets them to second guess themselves, but usually while you're beating them. In tournaments, it is often not allowed however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Yeah they all talk smack; it's part of the game. Ever watch pro-Hockey? That's all they do is fight and talk smack. If the mics were hot in pro-football, you would hear the smack talk constantly. It's not different with e-sports or online gaming. There's females watching the stuff, and some of the dudes literally want to discredit you, ruin your life, and embarrass you for the rest of your life on the internet. That's how ruthless the sports industry is and just how it works. I have been blessed to get the better end of the deal and rack up 56 competitive gaming #1 ranks and a bunch of world records, so I'm satisfied, but still going for more.

 

That's what I said in the other topic: Alot of the WORLD CLASS level stuff, not just casual or mid-tier e-sports or physical athletics, is psychology, mind games and head games. The head games destroy some people, or kind of how a Triple H, Brock Lesnar or a top WWE/Pro Wrestler walks out to the ring as a heel in the arena with all the fans booing and smack talk; it literally just rolls off their back.

 

And that's not a saying, it really does just mean nothing to them. Their mentality is entirely different in the WWE. They adore their fans, and they are there, as well as paid, to entertain the people that they appreciate. So they are obviously very large and tough men (that often know how to fight or grapple for real), who happen to be very convincing actors. So they just act like a bad guy and understand that they are working up the crowd intentionally.

 

E-Sports isn't identical to that metaphor, but you can have the same level of very nasty hatred, even when you're a great person. Sometimes smack talk is actually a legitimate technique that can be used to break down your opponent mentally as you're engaging them, which gets them to second guess themselves, but usually while you're beating them. In tournaments, it is often not allowed however.

I've witnessed smack talk in many sports and mediums, nothing new to me really. I just figured that some esports organizations frown upon smack talk during tournaments. I can see small time tournaments and events allowing it, but for the bigger organizations, I imagine smack talk is only allowed outside of the tournament. But I could be wrong on that. I just feel like these big time esports leagues would have rules about smack talk or any kind of speaking to the opponents. At least while each other is playing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not think so, then again we play so many differnt games at times I Have no idea if I have or not 😛 Just think playing CSGO and you are playing with one of the team members and you have not got a clue 😛

But as of right now for me, I think it's a big no

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I get the chance to play with a famous eSports super star, definitely I'll embrace the opportunity. At the moment, I never experienced such, same question will go together when I get a chance to play together with a famous soccer player IRL, 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Empire said:

I do not think so, then again we play so many differnt games at times I Have no idea if I have or not 😛 Just think playing CSGO and you are playing with one of the team members and you have not got a clue 😛

But as of right now for me, I think it's a big no

There's probably a few times where you played a pro player and just didn't know. I know i've played COD a lot in the past, and I wouldn't doubt that I played against quite a few pro players. I mean, I've dealt with players so good that I could never get a kill on them. So maybe they were pros, or maybe I was just having an awful game lol. 

But yeah, it makes you wonder how many pros you are playing, and even celebs and other stars. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I play league of legends , PUBG and the likes and i have encountered some really good players you can call professionals but I don't know if they are popular but on another thought they must be because their streak were really Impressive though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Clasher said:

I play league of legends , PUBG and the likes and i have encountered some really good players you can call professionals but I don't know if they are popular but on another thought they must be because their streak were really Impressive though.

League is pretty popular, so there's bound to be some pros up in there. It's a big game in the esports arena, so I bet you encountered some pros. I mean, we probably played against many pros in most online games, we just didn't know it. And I'm sure that's the way they want it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

League is pretty popular, so there's bound to be some pros up in there. It's a big game in the esports arena, so I bet you encountered some pros. I mean, we probably played against many pros in most online games, we just didn't know it. And I'm sure that's the way they want it. 

And maybe that's why I usually get knocked out by this particular player every single time in league of legends until I finally learnt how to avoid that player. Lol

I would certainly be paying more attention to it now maybe I might spot a pro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...