Register Now
StaceyPowers

Are most of the games you play large or small releases?

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

The Call of Duty Vanguard file size for Playstation 4 was 54.65 GB and it was higher for Xbox X|S: at 61 GB Download. 

If care isn't taken, it's definitely going to get bigger in the next release of the Call of Duty series from the way I'm seeing it. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

I play kind of mix both small and longer games. Uncharted series is big I suppose, I have played few in that series.

As long as the games are very intriguing and entertaining to me, it's all that matters. 

18 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Mixture of both for me i'd say altough i don't buy digital games, only physical so it tends to be more bigger releases. Unless i get them for free with xbox gold. 

It's actually been a while since I had seen any gamer who strictly buys only physical copies of games.. Although they are a lot cheaper. 

21 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Mixture of both for me i'd say altough i don't buy digital games, only physical so it tends to be more bigger releases. Unless i get them for free with xbox gold. 

I used to love physical copies of games until last 3 years when my preference shifted a little closer to soft digital copies. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

I used to love physical copies of games until last 3 years when my preference shifted a little closer to soft digital copies. 

Eventually, all games are going to move on from physical contents in no distant time. It's why I moved on in time which was a good decision for me. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It gets smaller when I find myself playing arcade games like, Minecraft, Angry Birds, Tetris etc. That's few of the options I enjoyed way back with my Android phones. 

Would Minecraft really be that interesting to play on Android phones? Angry Birds used to be one of my favorite games on Android phones. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Eventually, all games are going to move on from physical contents in no distant time. It's why I moved on in time which was a good decision for me. 

People said that 5 years ago it diden't happen look at all those small releases getting physical releases we are getting these days.

One thing i can't get my head around take first party nintendo titles for example why would you buy those digital, these games almost never go on sale and almost tend to hold their value over time. If you wanted to you can sell them off for a decent price and recoup some of the costs.

On 2/6/2022 at 1:34 PM, Heatman said:

It's actually been a while since I had seen any gamer who strictly buys only physical copies of games.. Although they are a lot cheaper. 

I'm more off a collector these days, still play a lot of games tough.

Also don't you think it's weird you can buy a physical game most of the time cheaper then buying a digital copy. Where is the logic in that?

9 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

People said that 5 years ago it diden't happen look at all those small releases getting physical releases we are getting these days.

One thing i can't get my head around take first party nintendo titles for example why would you buy those digital, these games almost never go on sale and almost tend to hold their value over time. If you wanted to you can sell them off for a decent price and recoup some of the costs.

Also don't you think it's weird you can buy a physical game most of the time cheaper then buying a digital copy. Where is the logic in that?

Unfortunately it's going to happen. Less games are coming out with physical releases. Even Nintendo and other companies are putting out physical releases with just a digital code. What is the point in just the case and cover art? It's not the same as getting the disc or cart. 

Digital and streaming will likely take over in the next 10 years, but some games may come out physically. Limited games may be around yet. And I can see people wanting physical. Streaming will be tougher and take much longer though. It's more about isps wanting to allow game streaming on their plans. It's one thing to stream something on Netflix for example, but streaming a video game is a lot more taxing and takes up a ton of bandwidth. So that would require internet services to allow it, or be able to handle everyone doing it. 

Yeah Nintendo games are notorious for holding their worth. I saw target was doing a buy 2 get 1 free deal yesterday, and all the most of the first part Nintendo games are still $59.99 supe Mario odyssey was still that price. You'd be best to buy physical in that case. 

I like to collect and game. But lately I mostly been getting digital games. 

I think it's because of the used marke. The studios can't tell you what to charge on that used game you got. That's why the market for games fluctuates, because it's the people and or gamers who decide the prices.

With digital releases, they are released by the studios who made them. So, they can price it at the full price and keep it that way for life. Steam has this, where you'll see some old games still going for their original release price. Of course steam makes up foe this with tons of sales. As do many console marketplaces. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Would Minecraft really be that interesting to play on Android phones? Angry Birds used to be one of my favorite games on Android phones. 

In the previous time when I had the game 'minecraft on my Android it was superb then. It's been long I played it together with angry birds. They were simply arcade games that really cut my attention. 

17 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Well, that's true what you have mentioned about the speculation on the extinction of game's physical copies. It's not happened yet, but the demand have reduced drastically. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

In the previous time when I had the game 'minecraft on my Android it was superb then. It's been long I played it together with angry birds. They were simply arcade games that really cut my attention. 

My avarice towards Minecraft games might change soon, I'm not really sure yet. What's your favorite mode of Minecraft playing?